My adventures for this past weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My adventures for this past weekend

Well it wasn't really an adventure but lots of interesting things. Friday night I ended up in the hospital. I felt like my throat was swelling up and I couldn't breathe. I also started getting a tightness in my upper chest. I was home alone with my DD who doesn't drive and DH was fishing about 20 min. away. I called my one son hoping his room mate was home and he wasn't so I said nevermind. He asked what was wrong and I told him. I told him not to try to get to me cause I can drive myself to the hospital. So I called DH and told him I was going to the hospital. I explained why and he said no he was leaving and would be home ASAP. He got scared and called Rescue and an ambulance. He beat the ambulance there. When they measured my oxygen level it was at 72. So off to the hospital they took me. Found out I had pneumonia and spent the entire weekend in the hospital. I am not the proud new owner of a concentrator because I have to be on oxygen for the rest of my life. I am feeling better but was very tired of the hospital and all those tests. The good news is with all this new medical stuff they said I could add it to disablity and it will probably go through faster. Anyway Just thought I would share my adventure.

Debbie
    Never regret something because at one point it was exactly what you wanted!

Re: My adventures for this past weekend

Ohhhhhhhh Debbie! So sorry to hear of this.. I had pneumonia in April and I know what you are going through. Lucky for me tho, my oxygen was 100%... Why do you have to be on the concentrator for life? Nothing they can do to bring up your oxygen level??

Comment

hope u are feeling better. pnamonia sucks big time! btw.......how is dd doing?
      http://weatherpixie.com/index.php?&h...=AZ&place=KFFZ

i didnt loose it! ...........i sold it on ebay!

Comment

Oh my! That IS an adventure!! One NO ONE wants!! Hope you're feeling better, Milky!
        "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

So sorry to hear this. I hope you'll be feeling better soon.

Comment

Concentrator vs. your life....Glad you opted for the concentrator!
            "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

(((((Hugs)))))

Comment

((((hugs))))

Comment

Good thing you got help when you did. Not really the way you wanted to spend the weekend.
                  Yes, why the concentrater for life? Do you have other lung/respiratory problems?

Get well soon. Be sure & take your meds.

Comment

No they can't keep my oxygen level up. I probably have been bad for sometime but due to lack of funds and insurance didn't go to see a doctor unless necessary. I know bad on my part. As soon as they take the oxygen off of me my level re-drops below 80 and so they want me on oxygen. Now if I can lose weight I can probably be off of it but right now it is for ever. Luvs my DD is doing great. In fact she got her first job at a pizza place in the mall. She is so happy. Thanks for the hugs and get wells.

Debbie
                    Never regret something because at one point it was exactly what you wanted!

Comment

Working...
                    X