Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Name

Do you like your name.

I didn't until I was 15 and found out I was named after my two grandmothers (deceased).

Rose
    Annie (called Anna)

=

Rosanna

(My mother was going to name me Camelle - I'm so glad she didn't)
    "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Re: Your Name

Mine's ok, I guess...... Beth. Alot of people say, "oh Elizabeth", and I say no just plain ol' Beth

Comment

My Name Is Jackie, Mom Said She And The Nurse Had An Argument Over It. The Nurse Said It Should Be Jacqueline. Mom Didn't Want It Jacqueline, And Got Her Way. I Was Named After Jackie Onasis. I Was Too Much Of A Tomboy To Be A Jacqueline.
      I'm Fine With Jackie. Don't Care Much For My Middle Name. Darlene!!! **gag** After Her Best Friend At The Time. She Wanted To Name Me After Her, But Not As My First Name Thank Goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by BJinTexas View Post
        Mine's ok, I guess...... Beth. Alot of people say, "oh Elizabeth", and I say no just plain ol' Beth
        Chalk it up for another plain ol' Beth here! Again, it's OK. I'm used to it.

Comment

I hated mine... Leslie... when I was growing up cause it seemed the only Leslie's I ever met were grown MEN!!
          "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Sabine is my real first name, it's a very common german name for girls. I always liked it. Now I don't really care for my middle name, and I will keep that one to myself. LOL

Comment

My name is unique (here), but in Ireland its popular (or so I'm told).

I was named after my great-grandma. My grandmother, and mother have the same name as well. My mom ALMOST named me Nancy...my Nana fought her to keep the family name alive (and won).

When it came time to name my daughter, my mom started to give me h-ll, but I didnt give in. Maybe I should have...I think would DD be differant because of it?

But it was a rough name to grow up with....I have adults tease me to this day...

lets just leave it there

Comment

My real name is Mary Virginia. The only people to ever call me that were my grandparents, and the kids I went to school with. My mother's name is Mary. She wanted to call me "Patricia", but her mother (my grandmother) didn't like the name (don't ask me why that had any bearing in the decision). My parents and my friends have always called me "Jenny".Now that I'm older (a lot older- LOL), I guess Mary Virginia sounds kind of elegant. But I'm still, just plain Jenny.

Comment

Originally posted by Sewcute View Post

I was named after my great-grandma. My grandmother, and mother have the same name as well. My mom ALMOST named me Nancy...my Nana fought her to keep the family name alive (and won).

When it came time to name my daughter, my mom started to give me h-ll, but I didnt give in. Maybe I should have...I think would DD be differant because of it?

But it was a rough name to grow up with....I have adults tease me to this day...

lets just leave it there
                  So, you are not going to tell us.....

Comment

I Didn't Really Care For My Name Growing Up, I Wanted To Be Dawn. My Middle Name Is The Same As My Mom's And Grandma's--louise.
                    SHEL

Comment

Hated my name (Jane) growing up! Everyone always said "Where's Tarzan?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sewcute View Post

lets just leave it there
                        I KNOW WHAT IT IS!!! NANNY NANNY BOO BOO!!!

Comment

I never liked my name Jana... Always have to spell it. When I say it, people think it's Janice or Janet. When pronounced by idiots, they say Jay-na... Also I can never find personalized stuff with my name on it.. And I don't have a middle name.

Comment

Originally posted by janabanana View Post
                            I never liked my name Jana... Always have to spell it. When I say it, people think it's Janice or Janet. When pronounced by idiots, they say Jay-na... Also I can never find personalized stuff with my name on it.. And I don't have a middle name.
                            BANANA'S NOT YOUR MIDDLE NAME???? LOL

Comment

Jana I like your name.
                              "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

Working...
                              X