Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maiden Name

Hope I spelled it right.

Did anyone keep their maiden name once married? Did anyone hyphen it with hubby's last name?

I dropped my middle name (Lynn) and took my maiden name as a middle name with hubby's last name.
    "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Re: Maiden Name

No, But My Sister Did With Her 2nd Dh. When She Divorced Dh#1, She Had Her Name Changed From Janet Sue To Jan And No Middle Name, Just Jan Noel. She Married A Smith! She Said She'd Be Damned If She's Going To Be A Jan Smith, So She's Now A Hyphen! Jan Noel-smith! I Married A Smith Also, But Not In The Same Family, I Think Anyway, It Is A Small Town! Lol

Comment

Nope. I was happy to ditch my maiden name. I personally do not care for the style. If you want to keep your name, then just keep it. Otherwise, take your husband's name. If he is good enough to marry, shouldn't his name be good enough to use?
      Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Never been married & wont be able to in this life time

Comment

I took my husband's name when we married and used the first initial of my maiden name as my middle initial.

The DAY my divorce was final, I took back my maiden name and said I'd never give it up again!

When babe and I married, I kept my maiden name. My last name has 3 letters in it... babe's is a 10-letter Italian name. I told him he should take MY name... way simpler.
          "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

That is what my daughter did when she got her divorce, she took back her maiden name. The when she re-married she kept her maiden name as her middle name followed by her new married name.

Comment

I took my maiden name back when I divorced..

Comment

Had no desire (and still don't after 42+ yrs) to keep my maiden name. It was always mispronounced, spelled wrong and worst of all, began with the letter "A". That meant always being the first in line, etc. which I hated. Have always said I would never take that name back; like my married name much better. The worst thing anyone does with it is to add the letter "S" to it, which is no big deal.

Comment

Hated my Maiden name. I kept my middle name and ditched the Maiden name.
                  Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Okay, for you folks who have said that you kept your maiden name as a second name: When you are asked for a signature, what do you sign

a) your first name and married name
                    b) your first name, maiden name then married name
                    c)your first name and maiden name initials and married name
                    d) other

Personally, when I sign a cheque or receipt, I use my first name initial and my married name.
                    Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

First Middle Initial and Last Name unless I'm notorizing something and then its the full blown name.
                      "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

I hyphenated. It is a pain in the butt I would not do again - I would just keep my own name. I sign my name Beth N. R****r-Kew.

Comment

Took hubby's name. I'm perfectly happy with tradition. Besides, my maiden name is Joyce, traditionally a first name.

Comment

When I was married the first time I took his name. When I divorced him I took back my maiden name. When I married again I took his name and left mine behind once again. I love my DH name
                            Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Checks, I sign my First Name, Middle Initial (Maiden Name "A"), Last Name. All credit cards, I sign first inital and last name only .....it's faster .

Comment

Working...
                              X