Do You....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You....

Tell the ones you love ... I LOVE YOU and don't take them for granted.

In my family we always hug and kiss each other and everyone tells each other how we love them. Even the Men in our family hug and kiss and say I love you to each other.
    "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Re: Do You....

I grew up in a house where loving feelings were rarely expressed. But with my hubby & kids I am very expressive.. lots of huggys & I love you's. I drive hubby batty cause I can never just walk past him, I have to touch him.

Comment

Dh And I Must Tell Each Other 50+ Times A Day "i Love You", I Don't Think I Told My Ex 50 Times A Year Or Maybe Two.

My Family Wasn't Much Into Hugs And Such Until I Went To A Counselor While Going Through My Divorse And He Told Me Most Of My Troubles Were From Not Being Hugged As A Child. So Now My Mom Hugs Me All The Time.
      SHEL

Comment

We end our calls with "Love You" instead of goodbye. DH started this when we were dating because he said goodbye's are so final.
        "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

Very interesting...... I wish I had been hugged or even told i love you. Even on a sporadic basis from what they really said to. "I just don't understand you wendy, you maybe the first woman president or an ax murderer." said the father, on a regular basis. He was too drunk while i was a kid to care about hugs. My mom did every now and again.

But hey, that never happened, ask them now how we grew up and the were the most loving supportive people on earth. Yeah! Been there, done that, and own the t shirt.

Which brings me to my point....if I know you and you stand still just a little too long, I will hug you. Everyone needs human contact and touch. My kids actually think that I over hug them. I like being affectionate and my dh doesn't mind me either.

I love you is daily, I appreciate you is everyother day, I think you are fabulous, terrific, etc. is daily.

sorry for this being so long. But I love you guys!

dragun

Comment

I tell my kids over and over I Love You even though they are at the age where they won't say it back, unless they are home and friends aren't watching.

My family wasn't the huggie/kiss casual type until we started losing the elders. Then I think it sunk in overnight that this could be the last reunion and now we hug often, and it's a lot better that way.

Comment

Not a lot of hugs but every day I tell my DH & both boys "I love you". If we talk on the phone we say "love you bye". I started this when they were younger because you never know if it is going to be the last time you talk to them.

Comment

We say I love you instead of goodbye too. Hear from my kids almost daily .
                I organize chores into catagories.
                Things I won't do now; things I won't do later; things I'll never do.

Comment

My first husband hated to be touched. Hated massages, caresses - shrugged them off. I think that had a lot to do with the demise of our marriage... he just is not someone who even knows how to express emotions.

My current husband is a cuddle bug. We and our kids do silly things like "Pile ups" on the bed - we all just flop into a pile and hug and kiss each other. We all sit together on the couch> My husband and I hold hands, hug, say ILY all the time. We tell the kids we love them, too and they say they love us. Awesome.

Comment

Working...
                  X