mom's of daughters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mom's of daughters

At what age did you allow your daughter to shave their legs?

Re: mom's of daughters

When She Went To Jr High.

Comment

That sounds about right. Let's just say it was a looonnnngg time ago
      Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

MY DD was taking a bath. She was going on 3. I stepped out of bathroom.. I know bad mommy.. Came to find her with one leg up on side of tub just shaving away!! She was so proud of herself and I was choking back laughter. Learned quickly that kids really are little sponges and watch everything you do.
        MY DD definitely has alot of my German/Swedish genes.. she has quite hairy legs. Think she will be wanting to shave early in life. Then DS has the same baby fine if any hair legs as DH. DH has these incredible sexy legs with maybe 3 hairs on each leg.

Comment

when it really bothers them..about the age of 12 i think maybe 11
          I'm Not Bossy, I just have better ideas

Comment

DD asked me around 12 but I said No, you have a few more years to go. Finally a few yrs. later I said go ahead here's a razor, Oh Mom, I've been shaving my legs a few yrs ago and never told you.

Comment

Originally posted by roset View Post
              DD asked me around 12 but I said No, you have a few more years to go. Finally a few yrs. later I said go ahead here's a razor, Oh Mom, I've been shaving my legs a few yrs ago and never told you.
              IT WAS KINDA LIKE THAT WITH TAMPONS AT MY HOUSE. NOW I LOOK BACK AND WONDER WHY IT WAS A BIG DEAL FOR ME TO LET HER USE TAMPONS. I STARTED LETTING HER USE THEM IN HIGH SCHOOL, AND SHE HAD BEEN USING THEM MOST OF THE SUMMER WHEN SHE COULD GET THEM!

Comment

It's been a very long time, my daughter is 42, but if I remember right, it was middle school, ( 6,7,8 grade ) I would say 11 years old. She has very dark brown hair, so she needed to shave. Funny thing was that somehow she must have not understood what I was trying to explain to her. She shaved and after a few days she came to me and pointed out that the hair was growing back. I said, yes, ok, what is the problem ? poor thing, she thought she would shave once and that would take care of it, forever ! LOL, little did she know that she just started a lifetime procedure. We still laugh about it to this day.

Comment

I agree with the others, when it bothers them. I think that my oldest was in 6th grade. Maybe it was the summer before.

Comment

I'm w/the vote ... when it bothers them... it could be 10.. or 14...
                    Tessa

Comment

she decided that on her own...she knew when it was time...I didn't have to tell her

Comment

Whenever they felt it was necessary. My 3 DDs had a hairy dad and at least one was no more than 10.
                        "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

I will go with the Majority here and say "When SHE is ready"....My Aunt tried to shave her legs when she was a young adult. My Grandmother beat her until she bled. She told her that God would not have put it there if he wanted her to shave it off.............My Dad got beaten too because he tried to "doctor" her wounds......... My Grandparents were very strict Southern Baptists...............Guess shaving your legs was a sin, but beating your children was A-OK.........
                          Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

5th grade. they shaved for a while then quit lol

tampons, the second they started..

contacts, 5th grade.

hair color, 9th grade.

make up, 6th grade.

ears pierced when they were old enough to ask for it. for DD1 it was 6 years old. for DD2 it was 5 years old. we made a HUGE mother daughter day out of it, they still remember it.

dating, 15.

own a cell phone, 15.
                            I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

ok, well my dd is 9 and has already started menstrating. Plus, she has an incredibly hair father and italian genes. So, I am just waiting for her to say something. I know it is coming soon, because well, she is incredibly hairy with dark hair.

By the way, how did you explain the whole tampon thing to your daughter. I still think my little one should wait, but eventually she may want to use them. I do.

dragun

Comment

Working...
                              X