Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My little dog...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My little dog...

    I know this really pales in comparison to what some people on the board have been going through, but we had to have our little boy fox terrier put to sleep this morning.
    Last weekend he pulled a muscle in his back leg and he was having such a bad time with it that we went to the vet for meds on Tuesday.
    The vet gave us Rimadyl...which is what they give dogs for arthritis, etc. We gave him 1/2 a pill on Tues. and 1/2 pill on Wed. On Thurs. he started with vomiting and diarrhea. Basically he was poisoned by the medicine. They put him on IVs and then transferred him to the emergency clinic, but his kidneys shut down. He was such a good dog...I am just heartbroken about this.
    So please think twice before giving Rimadyl to your dog. Our vet said they give it out all the time and this is the first time he's seen this happen, and the ER vet even said she gives it to her dog, but I don't think it's worth the risk.

  • #2
    Re: My little dog...

    (((Chicky))), I am so sorry!!!

    Check out this website http://www.srdogs.com/Pages/rimadylfr.html.
    The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: My little dog...

      I am so sorry for the loss of your Baby Boy...It is a bit like losing a child I think....I know he will be waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge, where he will be healthy and happy....

      ((((((HUGS))))))
      Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: My little dog...

        Oh how sad.... So sorry for your loss. I hope you contact the company who makes Rimadyl to let them know what happened since your Vet said the death was caused by it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: My little dog...

          i love dogs and im sorry for your loss,animals like people can be allergic to some meds,my sister is a vet and they do their best just like your Dr. would, i hope yall are ok,a pet dying is a loss of family.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: My little dog...

            So sorry your lost your little friend. It is so sad to have to do this but it is often a necessary thing.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: My little dog...

              So sorry to hear of your loss ...We become so close to those little guys and grieve as much for them as we do for our two-legged guys. So sorry.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: My little dog...

                You poor thing. I was lost when my doggy passed away at 17 1/2 years old. I held him as he passed.

                Since then, i have had only cats - can't bring myself to even think about another doggy.

                I am so, so sorry for your loss. Remember how much love you shared.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: My little dog...

                  I am so sorry for your loss. It's hard enough to lose them due to getting older but to lose them because of a medication. That is so sad.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: My little dog...

                    ((((chickyp)))) and prayers to you and your family on the loss of your "little one". Have been thru it -- losing a pet -- too many times -- 4 -- to be exact. Just remember the JOY that he brought you thru the years. Maybe you could rescue a "sweet one" that needs a good home............think of the joy you will bring to that sweet pet. Make a good thing out of your loss.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: My little dog...

                      I am so sorry....around here, we look at our pets like family members....

                      prayers and hugs sent your way
                      DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

                      www.myspace.com/luvkidrock4ever

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: My little dog...

                        So sorry about your furbaby I am glad you shared as I have dogs and will be sure to watch for this drug ...so sad I would be past heartbroken I truely feel your pain ((((HUGS))))

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: My little dog...

                          I am so sorry to hear about your little furbaby. I know what you are going through as we have three of our little girls over the years and now my special little one is not doing well. Please know that I share your grief.
                          love to you.
                          janni

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: My little dog...

                            I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your furbaby. They give us so much love unconditionally, and give us so much joy, the loss is a huge one. I know from losing our dog last year, that the pain will ease, but it does not go away quickly.

                            My thoughts and prayers go out to you all.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: My little dog...

                              I am so sorry for your loss. Don't ever think a dogs life is less important than a persons life. Without our furry friends we would never be as loving as we are. We need them in our lives to makes know what true love is. I am sending you (( hugs )) your way and hope the healing begins. Good luck.

                              Debbie
                              Never regret something because at one point it was exactly what you wanted!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X