Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Oldest DS gave me quite a scare today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Oldest DS gave me quite a scare today!

Darren, my oldest that is in Madison Wisc. just called me a little big ago. He spent most of the night in the ER. He said he had these weird chest pains. They burned and hurt, and his neck was real stiff and hurting also. So he took some aspirin and waited it out. By 1am, it was still no better, and his GF was freaking out. So, they went to the ER and he had an EKG and blood work done. His BP was 150 over 105, and his heart rate was up. They found an "Irregular Heart beat" but, said it was pretty normal otherwise. They told him it could have been just a bad case of heartburn or indigestion but I am so glad he went in.. He is an Athlete that works out every day, sometimes twice a day. He has always been in perfect health. In fact, last night was the very first time in his life he has ever had blood taken! (He is 21 years old!)

I told him I was proud of him for going in and getting it checked. You hear so many stories of Athletes dropping dead of Heart Failure... I told him if it happens again, take a couple of aspirin, chew a couple of Tums, and if it still bothers him, GO BACK!
    Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Re: My Oldest DS gave me quite a scare today!

if his left arm starts hurting he should go to the ER fast, thats a sign of heart probs.

Comment

I'm glad things turned out ok!..I KNOW you are..Nothing can get us worked up more than thinking something is wrong with our kids!

Comment

Is this the same son with the earache?

I'm glad things are OK.

Comment

Is he a student at the UW? I bet you are relieved they caught the murderer two days ago! Someone who had been at student at the UW! PYCHO-

Comment

That must have been pretty scary for him..! Good thing he went it. Hopefully it won't happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by Machele View Post
              Is he a student at the UW? I bet you are relieved they caught the murderer two days ago! Someone who had been at student at the UW! PYCHO-
              Yes! And, did I tell you all about a few months ago, he and his 4 roommates were all hanging around inside their home when they heard a scream? My Son, took off out the door running! Thank God he found nothing....No fear, I tell ya.....

Beth, my youngest had a pretty bad earache not too long ago, and my oldest had an "Outer ear infection" when he was home during Christmas...
              Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Lauren - glad that he had it checked out! You must have been scared to death when the conversation started. (((Lauren)))
                Tessa

Comment

I think MY heart started beating IRREGULARLY!!
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I am so glad he had the good sense to get himself to the ER to have himself tested.
                    If he's working out every day he should maybe start taking his BP after workouts. Just a thought.
                    Glad he's doing better. A call like that is enough to give you a heart attack!

Comment

Nice to get good news. His BP may have been up because he was so scared. So many things could cause those symptoms. Even stress. Hang in there.

Comment

Originally posted by smokey View Post
                        Nice to get good news. His BP may have been up because he was so scared. So many things could cause those symptoms. Even stress. Hang in there.
                        Yes, I do believe it was mainly a combo of the stress, pain and nervousness that had his BP up. I did tell him that because he seemed a little worried about that. All of the above would have caused his BP and rapid heart rate.

I felt bad for him because he said he felt kinda silly and embarrassed when he left. He was worried that when his Dad gets the Medical bill he will be mad. I told him not to worry. His Dad will just be grateful that all turned out well. (or at least he will by the time I get a hold of him...)
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                        X