Ginsu Knife Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ginsu Knife Set

Anyone ever have the Ginsu Knife set. Supposedly, the knives never need to be sharpened.

Re: Ginsu Knife Set

are you for real?????...lol
    "Copykat Chat Forums" on Facebook, look it up!

E-Foo

Comment

Are they selling these again?

I wanted Mom to buy them when I was younger but she wouldn't!
      "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

I'm not sure if it is the same kind that I have, but I bought a set that claimed the knives never needed sharpening from "as seen on TV" one time and the handles were pure BS. if you pressed too hard, the handles just broke.
        If you decide to buy some, look at how the handles are made before you buy them. You want the blade to go into the handles a little more than a half inch. Sharp blades don't mean a thing if the handles are shoddy.

Comment

Didn't they have a lifetime warranty too? It's been so long ago I can't remember but it was a deal that sounded too good to be true and made somebody a lot of money.

Comment

If i remember right (ha ha with my memory lately), I think the guarantee was that they would never need sharpening. I don't know it that included the handles.

Comment

I was going to buy online from a company called Ginnys. So, I actually wouldn't see until they were delivered. Maybe I should look elsewhere. Doesn't sound too promising.

Comment

My wonderful DH bought them when he was a bachelor. I would have never bought them because I always felt that they were crap. Well...... we still have them and they have to be at least 15 years old. These are the true Ginsu knives and they still cut with not problem at all. I have never sharpened them.

I never thought I would be a poster girl for Ginsu!!!
                Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have several sets of these that are probably 20 yrs. or more old and they still cut great. Never been sharpened either. I even use them outside on small stuff when I need to.
                  Mine are the original Ginsu Knives.

Comment

Originally posted by Vickie View Post
                    I have several sets of these that are probably 20 yrs. or more old and they still cut great. Never been sharpened either. I even use them outside on small stuff when I need to.
                    Mine are the original Ginsu Knives.
                    I have a set of original steak knives - they were a "premium" given out by a gas station maybe 30 years ago. (Sigh....remember those days??) Anyway, I'm still using them. I have a "good" set of steak knives, but unless I'm having company, I get out the Ginsu as I prefer them.

Comment

I was lucky enough to go into Sears back in March and find a $95.00 set marked down to $45.00. So far I haven't had a problem with the knives, but the kitchen shears that came with it, have been a nightmare.

The handle broke on the shears and I have been trying to get in touch with someone to find out what can be done, since the set was less than a month old when the shears broke.
                      I'm a transplanted Yankee!

Comment

I will have to check them out was always leery but looks like several good reviews changed my mind, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X