People who are always late...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who are always late...

One of my pet peeves are people who are late. Here I am, waiting for my friend to go out of town to the beach. She said she'd be here at 8am.. She calls at 8:20 saying she's just leaving now, which is a 25 minute drive to my house. Same thing last night, friends invited me to meet them at 5 for dinner, again they were 15-20 minutes late. It drives me crazy! I am always either on time or early. How do you feel about people who are late?

Re: People who are always late...

it drives me crazy too, Jana. However, on occasion I have been late, but I have always called far in advance to let whomever know that I will be running late Many people I work with are 5,1-,15 minutes late daily... that upsets me! It all adds up over time Oh well.

Comment

Actually it doesn't really bother me unless they are REALLY late or something (like a meal) is ruined because of it. I usually always give people 15 min. or so. I actually hate for people to be early!

Comment

I think it is very inconsiderate and disrespectful. Here's another one I like. When someone is running late and you call them, where you at, and they say oh I'm only 5 minutes away, 20 mimutes later they show up.

Comment

I'm always late so it doesn't bother me - my friends know me so well that they'll say we'll met at 5:30 for drinks and that way they don't show till 6:00 and I'm on time cause I'm there at 6:00 anyway!

Comment

I've heard it said that busy people are never late, but i don't think you can go 100% by that.
            I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

People who are late absolutely drive me up the wall. And I am not talking 5 minutes late, but 30 or more. Unfortunately my dil and her mother are always late.

Comment

My biggest pet peeve.. Late people!! I have always been one to be early. I lie to hubby & niece on what time they need to be somewhere. You can always count on niece to be an hour later and hubby 30mins late.
                How about being told doc to come 15mins early to fill out papers. You get there and over an hour later you are called back only to wait another 15mins. And then they wonder why your blood pressure is up!!

Comment

We Started Having A Yearly Fish Fry, The First Year We Pretty Much Waited To Start Frying Fish Till Everyone Was There--boy Was That A Mistake. Last Year We Said We Were Going To Start Frying Fish At 7:00. Well A Big Group Of Friends Show Up At 8:30. Dh Felt Bad That There Weren't Many Fish Left. I Said Don't Worry About It They New When We Were Going To Start Eating.

So Long Story Short, I Does Bug Me.

Another Story About Friends Being Late. We Were Meeting Friends At Hooters In Bay City At 7:00, We Tried Earlier In The Day To Get Them To Go To Saginaw--they Really Wanted To Go To Bay City-- No Big Deal. 6:50 We Are Almost To Hooters And They Call Saying If We Wanted To Go To Saginaw No Big Deal As They Hadn't Left Home Yet--and They Have A 1/2 Drive. Well We Ended Up Getting A Ride As We Planned On Drinking So We Said Bay City It Is As We Had Drivers Lined Up.
                  SHEL

Comment

I Have To Be At Least 20 Minutes Early Or I Panic. We Have Certain Family Members Who We Tell An Hour Earlier Than We Tell Others For Family Get Togethers, So They'll Be There On Time. We Also Have People Who Show Up 15-20 Min Late To Work Daily. I Don't Know How They're Keeping Their Jobs!

Comment

A pet peeve of mine too. It's rude and disrepectful.

Comment

I hate when people come early to my house for dinner and I haven't gotten showered and dressed yet...still running the vacuum cleaner. (Those are the things I do last.) That bothers me more than late comers.

Comment

I'm always EARLY....I hate being late for anything especially a movie!
                          "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

Well, I hate people who are late too. SIL's parents are notorious for it. We had invited them to our home for dinner a few years ago. After waiting an hour past the agreed-upon time, SIL tried to call--cell phone, home phone, office phone. He was getting really worried. They finally showed 1 1/2 hours late and complained that we didn't have a light at the end of our driveway. HELLO, your son has been here how many times??? And your phone was WHERE???

But we have other friends that ALWAYS show up at least 1/2 hour early. Now they have to drive close to an hour, so it isn't always easy to gauge arrival time. But we've pulled over and sat in our car for 15 minutes sometimes, because we know we are too early.
                            Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Our youngest son & DIL are ALWAYS late. I don't care what I plan or what time I tell them, they are always calling saying: Sorry, we're running late.

They pulled this stunt at my father's 96th birthday party. Called them 4 times, oh we'll be there in 5 minutes, however, 30 minutes later, still no show, I told DH, party is starting NOW. They arrived 45 minutes later, and everyone stood up and shouted and applauded. DIL was very embarrassed. Told them we were sorry but buffet was set up and I wasn't going to hold it just for them. They pulled same crap on Father's Day. Arrived 30 minutes late, oldest son and family had to leave our house early because his daughter had something special planned for him, we started eating again without them. Of course, his brother SH## all over him for being late. I just don't understand it. DH and I are always prompt, I will not arrive early and embarrass our host but neither will I arrive late. An open house, that is different but not a fixed time of arrival. I can accept early arrivals as long as it isn't 30 minutes before set time.

Comment

Working...
                              X