Subaru wagon or Honda CRX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subaru wagon or Honda CRX

Anyone have either one? Would you buy another one?
    Why or why not?

I really hate this Lincoln I bought about 4 months ago. Larry went and talked to the dealer this morning. He told me to bring it back and he'll get me into something else for the same payments. Larry wants me to look at a Subaru wagon and Honda CRX they have on the lot.
    (I'm not ever, ever buying a "big ticket" item again without his - or someone else I trust - input!)

Re: Subaru wagon or Honda CRX

Sorry, I can be of help. We drive a Chevy Avalanche truck and a Buick Lucerne. I love the Lucerne, good gas mileage, handles well, rides well. But then, I love the truck also.

We traded out Park Avenue and my Envoy in on the Lucerne. Don't miss the Envoy at all. Being GM retirees, we buy GM products, gotta support my pension giggle

Next door neighbor has a Honda Fit - it is a piece of crap. Great gas mileage - 35 mpg but rides terrible, noisy, has been burning oil like crazy and passenger window leaks. She bought it new only 1 yr ago. Said she wish she had kept her VW Beetle.
    Last edited by Joanne; 06-30-2008, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Honda's Are Very Good Vehicles, Good Friend Has A Crv, Loves It. I Was Sitting A Stop Sign One Day, A Firebird Ran The Stop Light Beside Me And T-boned A Crv, Fipped It 3 Times. The People Walked Out Without A Scratch!!!!!

I Would Trust A Honda Over A Subaru, But Subaru's Are Good Also. Just Have To Remember On Foreign Vehicles, Maintainence Is More Costly. But Honda Has Low Maintainence. Dh And Ds Are Both Mechanics.

Comment

I don't think you can go wrong with either. DS and DD have subarus- just small ones. DD lived in upstate NY for years. DS lives in Montana. They both love them. Hondas are super reliable. In Montana, I think Subaru is the winner. They seem to go in any weather. I wish they were a bit higher.

Comment

I vote for the Honda I just bought my second Honda Pilot and love it. A friend just bought her second CRV and she loves it. We are a Honda family and have been for years.
          Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

We are also a Honda family. We traded DH's 23-year-old-blonde (2005 Accord Coupe) for a 2007 CRV and I love it--especially for winter driving. It sits a little higher off the ground and is much easier for me to get in and out of (bum hip). A lot of Hondas are now made in Canada and the US. (Small tidbit of info here--Honda workers are not unionized and their wages are dependent on good job performance. Gee, wonder if that is why these vehicles are so well built)

Many years ago, I had a second hand Subaru wagon. Thing was built like a brick sh*t house. Both kids learned to drive in it. It was super reliable and I drove it into the ground. The only thing I didn't like about Subaru's was their propensity to rust. That might have changed though.

Oops. Ang, do you mean the Honda CRX sports car?? I didn't think they made them anymore. DS had one when he finished university. He loved it but it really was a little sports car, not a 'grown-up' car.
            Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Forget them both, get a Mini Cooper.

Comment

I am a Subaru fan. Use to be Honda but too many things were going wrong. I will be on my 3rd Subaru next car/wagon.

Comment

We have owned a Honda for the past 14 years (not the same one). Both hubby and I have had either an Accord or a CRV. I currently drive a CRV and I love it.

Nuisance is right about the safety issue. About 2 years ago, my husband also had a CRV. Son was driving a little fast on gravel country road and he flipped it at least twice. He was wearing a seatbelt and had a passenger. He and his passenger walked away with just a few cuts. The state trooper who came to the scene told us, if he had been driving something else, he would have been seriously injured or killed.

Their gas mileage is very reasonable. If my tank is completely on empty, it costs around $40 to fill up (13-14 gallons). Highway miles are around 27.

I'm sold on Honda vehicles.

Comment

Honda Baby!
                    Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

LOVE my Honda CRV... best car I've ever owned. Subaru was my second choice... another good car.
                      "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

What kind of Lincoln did you buy? I have a Navigator and I love it!

Comment

Honda vs. Subaru ............... HONDA, no doubt

Comment

I bought a Lincoln LS. Everyone keeps telling me what a sweet car it is and what a good deal I got on it. I HATE IT!
                            That Honda is sooooo cute.

BUT

Looks like I'm stuck with the Lincoln for a while. I owe more than the blue book on it and they already have 2 of them on the lot.

Comment

Working...
                            X