Who is going to see fireworks??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is going to see fireworks??

Lived in Denver at first we could buy them in the tent and no problem but then the restricted it,now in Az no fireworks, with no rain can understand why. We got certain places to go see them. With this heat who the heck cares. I just watch it on TV. Can you get fireworks in your area??? They had those big tents selling everything, it was fun, all neighbors got together & we lit them off can't do that anymore.

Re: Who is going to see fireworks??

we need rain desperately. I heard on the morning news that all fireworks will be banned

Comment

We Go To My Parents, The Lake Association Puts On A Nice 30 Minute Show. All We Have To Do Is Take The Pantoon Out About 150 Yars To Watch The Display. And Uaually The Night Before The 4th There Is A Couple Places On The Lake That Puts On A Good Show. Last Year One Place Shot Off Fireworks For Over An Hour.
      SHEL

Comment

We always buy fireworks and DH puts on a show for us. He usually spends too much $$$!

Comment

We live by a lake that is surrounded by huge mountains. Every year they set off the fireworks over the lake and the sound echos off the mountains,. It is really beautiful!

Comment

We have a picnic party and shoot off fireworks afterwards. Its always fun.
            "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

All of the firework shows have been cancelled because of the floods and ongoing cleanup and other problems associated with it.

Comment

We are going to our friends house. We are going to eat, drink, and swim all day and then we will have a huge firework display there. I am excited!!!
                Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

The only ones I'll see (as has been the case for years) will be the aerials that I can see from my bedroom window. Our community fireworks are phenomenal, and people start arriving in the area 2-3 hours before and by 8:30 in the evening, even in my immediate neighborhood there will not be a single place to park a car. They're set off at the local high school which is literally just a hair under 1 mile from here. I love to sit on my porch and watch the walkers. There will be families pulling wagon loads of little kids and other wagons containing coolers of drinks and snacks and blankets/spreads to put on the ground, and then still others with children so young they're still in strollers. Should it rain Friday night, they'll be held the next night that it does not rain.

Oh yes, on the morning of the 4th there are all sorts of games and contests for kids down at the high school - best decorated bikes, for instance, and then at 3 p.m. is the parade. Prior to the fireworks, there is usually a military band that plays for an hour or so. Many families go early to picnic.

Comment

We go to McDonalds, get 3 shakes to go, drive 1 block, set up our lawn chairs in a vacant parking lot, sip our shake and watch the fireworks that our local small city provides. We can see 99% of them from our relaxed seats. When it is over, fold our chairs, hop back in the car and drive 4 blocks home. No traffic to content with. Can't beat it.

Comment

A friend of my family has a boat. He invited us to go out on the lake to watch the fireworks that one city was putting on. The fireworks were incredible! I've never seen such awesome fireworks in my life.

Comment

We can sit on our patio here in Vegas and see fireworks from all different directions. Don't have to leave the house. There are booths set up all over town selling fireworks. Today it was 111 degrees and 6 percent humidity. Needless to say, plants and bushes are very dry. The firemen are kept very busy.

Comment

We can sit on our patio and watch all kinds of fireworks. Just 2 doors down they put off lots and we can also watch the country club fireworks.

Comment

Doers anyone know where they will be on the weekend of the 4th in Northwest Detroit? PM me! I will be in my birth town for the first time in 30 years on the 4th!

OK it looks like I will be going to Clawson Park. Come find me and give me a sparkler.
                            Last edited by BethQ; 07-01-2008, 09:59 PM.

Comment

we can get fireworks, but I can't figure out why. We are under a fire ban too and it is soooooooooooo dry here. And, add that to all of the dry corn fields around here...YIKES!!

Comment

Working...
                              X