smoked ribs help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smoked ribs help needed

electric smoker time . i have 2 racks, 1 about 3 pounds, 1 about 4 and a half. how should i cook them and for how long? though i would cut them in 2 or 3 rib sections, cook for about 3 hours. base them with bar b que sause and cook another hour. what do you'll think?

Re: smoked ribs help needed

what time is dinner? lol

Comment

My true opinion. Toss the smoker. Bake them in your oven then finish them on the grill. Great smokey flavor and they will fall off the bone with 3/4 less work!!
      Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by highclass1 View Post
        electric smoker time . i have 2 racks, 1 about 3 pounds, 1 about 4 and a half. how should i cook them and for how long? though i would cut them in 2 or 3 rib sections, cook for about 3 hours. base them with bar b que sause and cook another hour. what do you'll think?

Beef, pork? thick, short, baby back??
        "Copykat Chat Forums" on Facebook, look it up!

E-Foo

Comment

baby back pold. about 3/4 inch..

Comment

i love electric smokers,one tip,get a good wood chip,applewood,hickory,mesquite,soak the chips for 30 min to an hour,wrap in foil and put pin holes in top and bottom for a good smokey flavor.

Comment

Originally posted by highclass1 View Post
              baby back pold. about 3/4 inch..
              take the skin off the back of the ribs ( uses a paper towel it works good) then mix 1/3 sugar 1/3 seasoning no salt and 1/8 salt and rub the ribs down

if you have a smoker, smoke them for 4-5 hours at 210 braise them in foil for the last 30 mins

if you have a gas grill turn one side on low and put some wood chip(soaked in water) in a smoke-box (you can get them at Lowe's or Home Depot $5-$8)on the side that the burner is on down close to the flame and smoke them for 4-5 hours at 210 braise them in foil for the last 30 mins.

BBQ sauce them the last 10mins after there done, and then mail me some to PO Box.....LOL
              "Copykat Chat Forums" on Facebook, look it up!

E-Foo

Comment

got them on now 330, and kids can not come. just doing 3 pounds. will check them around 5. what u think?

Comment

Working...
                X