Has anyone made this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone made this?

Am thinking of making this, has anyone made it and if so...did you like it?

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_36989,00.html

Re: Has anyone made this?

What is it? The link won't take me anywhere.

Comment

I personally haven't. But, I know someone who did and it was really good!!
      The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

I believe one of my DDs did and liked it. Just reading the recipe almost makes my teeth ache from the sweetness. LOL

Comment

I've made this many years ago for Christmas b'fast and it was such a hit, If we make it now we have to make two.
          I organize chores into catagories.
          Things I won't do now; things I won't do later; things I'll never do.

Comment

What What What????????????????

Comment

I finally got it. Its the Ultimate coffee cake from Paula Deen, looks pretty darn good!

Comment

It's more or less a monkey bread that uses butterscotch pudding - a Paula Dean recipe.

Comment

Yes, I made it along time ago. It's not as sweet as you might think, still sweet tho.. BUT, be aware, overnight it will seep up over and down the sides.. It made a big mess on my counter. Cover with plactic wrap and not the towel.

Comment

Never made it, but sounds awfully ooey gooey to me!
                    "WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Comment

Originally posted by mew View Post
                      Just reading the recipe almost makes my teeth ache from the sweetness. LOL
                      ME TOO!! How can some one eat something so sweet so early??? Talk about sugar rush for the day! WOW!

Comment

Originally posted by MissKise View Post
                        How can some one eat something so sweet so early??? Talk about sugar rush for the day! WOW!
                        Me! LOL

Sounds good, let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Kayce, same here, I make it every Christmas & Thanksgiving morning. But I get frozen bread dough (or use bread machine dough) roll it out put some cinnamon & sugar, roll it up & slice it (freeze it) then do the other steps the night before. I even use raisins.

Comment

Can some please tell me what this is and the name? I used the link info but all I got was a blank page at FoodNetwork.

Comment

Ultimate Coffee Cake

16-18 unbaked frozen dinner rolls
                              1 (3oz) package regular butterscotch pudding mix, not instant (cook N serve)
                              1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
                              1/2 cup pecans, chopped ( can omit if you want or add raisins) or nothing
                              1 stick (1/2 cup butter)

The night before place frozen rolls in well greased bundt pan, sprinkle dry pudding mix over rolls. Sprinkle brown sugar over pudding mix, sprinkle chopped pecans over brown surgar. Pour melted butter over all. To prevent the dough from forming a hard crust while its rising overnight, cover with a damp towel or tightly wrap with plastic wrap. Let rise overnight at room temperature about 8-10 hrs.
                              Preheat oven to 350 bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 min. Turn Pan over onto a serving platter to remove. Serve by pulling apart chunks with for.
                              OK, I put pudding, sugar & butter in a saucepan to heat it up and melt it, you will get better results by doing this. Sometimes just adding dry ingredients may find dry pudding not absorbed by the butter. JUst warm it up & pour over frozen dough. Let sit for 8-10hrs to rise. I still like to roll out dough with sugar & cinnamon more like cinnamon buns.

Comment

Working...
                              X