Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alert on Jalapenos

tomatoes may not be the cause.
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/health/bal-te.salmonella04jul04,0,1339689.story

Re: Alert on Jalapenos

I just made stuffed Jalapeņos yesterday and they were DELICIOUS!

It sucks that people just won't take a few minutes and really clean their vegetables. There would be many many less sick people. I never assume my produce has been washed.

Just a little common sense goes a long way
    Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Cindy ilove jalapenos, but i want everyone to wash their fruits and veggies well, you never know...

Comment

The thing is that when you eat out, you just never know how clean the restaurant keep their kitchen and their food prep. You can be very careful at home, but when you go out to eat your are at the mercy of the restaurants. Not that that will stop me from eating out, LOL

Comment

The people who got the Salmonella around here all ate salsa from the same restaurant. So it could have been tomatos or jalapenos!!!

Comment

I thought the salmonella can grow in the veggies as they grow and washing does not always help. It becomes part of the plant. I'm not sure though.
            www.southernjewishprincess.com

www.funnynotslutty.com

Comment

I heard that too SJP when they had the spinach outbreak. They were concerned it may have entered the spinach through the veins. I never heard that it was confirmed that it could happen.

I agree about Restaurants. I quit asking for lemons for my iced tea in restaurants because of a local news story. You would not believe what they found on some of those lemons. They would not give names of restaurants, but they said that they spanned the entire price range of places to eat!
              Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

I posted this before but I believe that it is worth repeating. Firstly, humans most definitely may be the cause of the salmonella, due to poor hygiene.

But also, wash your produce under cool running water. If it is too warm, it may actually force the bacteria INTO to produce instead of washing it off. And if you really want to make sure there are no germs around, add a few drops of common household bleach to your water. Literally, like a tablespoon per sinkfull of water. Wash and rinse very, very well.
                Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Working...
                X