Have you ladies heard of IBC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ladies heard of IBC?

I haven't til I saw this video. It opened my eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s9_UrVtc6c

Re: Have you ladies heard of IBC?

Jana, yes I have heard of this. I am a member of a board for women with metastatic breast cancer. There are several of our members who have this form of it.

Inflammatory breast cancer is a rare but very aggressive type of breast cancer in which the cancer cells block the lymph vessels in the skin of the breast. This type of breast cancer is called “inflammatory” because the breast often looks swollen and red, or “inflamed.” IBC accounts for 1 to 5 percent of all breast cancer cases in the United States

I encourage all of you to view the video. It goes without saying that I encourage you to complete self breast exams and have your annual mammograms.

Comment

Re: Have you ladies heard of IBC?

Yes, I have heard of it. I am reading a very interesting book right now, title is, " Lopsided" How having breast cancer can be really distracting. A memoir by Meredith Norton. She is a breast cancer survivor. She wrote this book about her experience with breast cancer, being diagnosed, mis diagnosed , surgeries, chemo and on and on. some of it will make you think and cry and other parts will make you laugh. I higly recommend this book to any woman.

Comment

Working...
      X