Happy Post-Holiday Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Post-Holiday Monday

Did everyone make it to work on time? Fully dressed? Correct uniform?
    I did!!

Anyone do anything fun? Same boring stuff at my house, except party here at CK last night. Ya'll missed a good one!

Any plans today but work?
    Beautiful clear day, already 81, suppose to be hot, but this is Texas, what more do you expect.

Re: Happy Post-Holiday Monday

I am freezer cooking today. or finishing up what i did yesterday.

love love love the summer time!!!!!
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

I had a great Sunday! DH took me to breakfast at Cracker Barrel then Sam's Club. Later kids came over with the grandkids and we played Mexican Train and of course, we ATE!

Same ole, Same ole, today - work then home.
      "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

Just another blah Monday here, SSDD, sorry I missed the CK party last night. How are you feeling this morning NU ?? Sore ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ro-Ro View Post
          I had a great Sunday! DH took me to breakfast at Cracker Barrel then Sam's Club. Later kids came over with the grandkids and we played Mexican Train and of course, we ATE!

Same ole, Same ole, today - work then home.
          How do you play Mexican Train?? See how many Mexicans you can put in a box car??

Sorry that was bad!! But I just can't help it!!!

I took extra Tylenol this morning for the soreness mom, No more break dancing for me!!!

Comment

Hey Stella, someone in requests the otherday was asking about freezer cooking. I'm old and can't remember names, it did start with a "Z" I do remember. Zam.... something. You may can help them out.

Comment

I had my butt parked on the couch during the day all weekend cause I couldn't take my nose out of the book I was reading!! We took neighbors w/ us on the boat on Friday and Sat. nights to see fireworks on the lake... and had a great time trying to find our way HOME in the dark!!

Yesterday we took other neighbors w/ grandkids out to swim and tube. I managed to SMASH my foot into the doorjamb of the boat while putting in the ladder and now my middle toe and half of the top of my foot is blue and swollen!! Dummy me!!

Work today... blech.
              "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
                How do you play Mexican Train?? See how many Mexicans you can put in a box car??

Sorry that was bad!! But I just can't help it!!!

I took extra Tylenol this morning for the soreness mom, No more break dancing for me!!!
                Nu, I can't believe you posted that, Politically not correct posting girl, LMAO

I have been telling you, you are getting way to old to dance on top of the table, never mind break dancing LOL

Comment

Luvs, You Sure You Weren't Dancing Under The Influence Again???? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
                    Luvs, You Sure You Weren't Dancing Under The Influence Again???? Lol

Um... no... me dancing in a bathing suit is NOT recommended... yikes!!
                    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Originally posted by luvs2eat View Post
                      Um... no... me dancing in a bathing suit is NOT recommended... yikes!!
                      I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL!!! LOL

Comment

I am just being lazy today and relaxing. I think we wore the kids out too because they are just relaxing as well!
                        Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

And I can't believe I missed all the dancing at the party ..! What a show I missed.

Comment

Work work work as usual. Worked on the 4th, working today, dont have another day off till Friday.

I just dont get it - the rule where I work is that you get paid double-time for working on a holiday. But if you dont show up to work the day before or the day after the holiday, you dont get paid for the holiday. Makes sense. You wouldnt believe how many nurses and CNA's called in "sick" the day before or after the 4th, so they wont get paid for the 4th at all. It made it so hard on the rest of us who did show up. But how could anybody just throw away the chance to make that kind of money????? Was just calculating it out - some of those nurses would have been paid $60 per hour for working on the
                            4th, but because they called in "sick" on the 5th, they wont get paid for that day at all, and they wont get paid the $30 per hour for the day they called in sick. Geesh! Must be nice to be in a position where that kind of money didnt matter to you!
                            Last edited by cottun; 07-07-2008, 12:42 PM.

Comment

I know, that happened when I worked at the hospital. Here at the clinic, we have a lady (and I use that term loosly, no pun intended) that's a single mom, calls in all the time. she has no vacation time left. Almost every monday she calls in. She's not here today. we're already 2 nurses short, and someone has to fill her spot. PISSES ME OFF!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X