I got a burn and it hurts :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a burn and it hurts :(

Somehow my arm met the hot oven and 2 days later it started to hurt. It's scabbing over now and I am putting Neosporion on it, but the last time this sort of thing happeend, I ended up seeing a dr, having it lanced, and getting Silverdine for it. Oh, and getting big oven mitts from Lands End !!!

Anyway, it hurts.
    I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Re: I got a burn and it hurts

OUCH!! I hope it gets better soon

Comment

When I get a burn...I put some vanilla over it right away..yours is scabbing now..so not sure if that will help or not.
      Last edited by Roxy; 07-07-2008, 02:07 PM.

Comment

I have not been able to find them lately but they use to make bandages with liquid in them they worked great on burns you might look for them for next time. The bandage puts fluid or moisture back in the skin.

Comment

i didn't think to put anything on it right away, it didn't hurt ... i didn't think it was bad.

Comment

Burns Hurt Worse Than Anything. You Can Have Road Rash, Skinned Knees From Falling That's Deeper Than The Burn, And The Burn Hurts Worse.

Wish I Had A Quick Fix For Ya, But I Don't. Good Luck.

Comment

I think burns are the hardest to heal.

Chocolate - Keep some aloe handy.
              "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

Oh, aloe ..... i have tons of them growing at home !!!!! Thask for the tip!

Comment

I use aloe when I have it, too. Once I burned my hand badly (hot oil spill) and tried every home remedy I knew of, alternating each one every 15 minutes for several hours (because it hurt that bad) - ice, shredded raw potato, honey - and it seemed to work! It took a long time but you know how awful that throb is, so it was worth it. Hope yours heals up fast. I'm surprised you didn't feel it much sooner.

Comment

My Ex's Grandma used to swear by Brown paper and vinegar. FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I had the Family Dollar generic type neosporin which i used twice a day, and after two weeks, is almost healed. yay !

Comment

There is a spray called Foile it used to come in a tube but now all I can find is the spray. It works fantastic for burns. My mom used it when she spilled candied sweet potatoes all over her arms one thanksgiving. Rinsed the sugar off put the Foile on the next day it was a little red (like a sunburn) the day after it was pink the next day it was gone. It was amazing I have never seen anything like that.

Huffle
                        God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

We used to use Foile too. My mom also used to use aloe vera on everything as well. We always had the plants. I am so glad that it is healing nicely Chocolate Moose
                          Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Silvedene works VERY well, and it keeps for a long time. I remember the Foille ointment too.It was amazing. I also use Aloe Vera. It takes the burn out fast. Hope it's better soon!
                            Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Working...
                            X