We're moving!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're moving!!

We're only moving downstairs to a 2 bedroom apartment, but I'm so happy about it. No more stairs, and we'll have a REAL bedroom. We now have the living room partitioned off into a bedroom, and our roommate, John has the real bedroom. Now we will have the biggest bedroom with a patio off of it. And the best part will be no more stairs to carry groceries and laundry up and down. These stairs are just killing me lately. We'll be moving the end of the month.

We were trying to get the place next to the one we're getting because it has a larger patio in back, and is not on the street, but our neighbors who have an 18 mo. old little girl got it first. I know I shouldn't be upset about that because they need it just as much as we do, but I was so mad they got it before we did. I thought Rick should have had first choice. He's been here for 7 years, and they've only been here for 2 years. Oh well, at least we'll have a downstairs, 2 bedroom. I'm so happy about this!
    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Re: We're moving!!

Good for you ! I agree, Rick should of had first choice.. I bet you'll be dreading the move in this heat, and up and down the stairs. But it'll be worth it in the end..

Comment

Thanks, Jana. It certainly will be worth it when we get done. Rick knows I can't handle a lot of moving especially with the stairs. He said he'll get friends to do the moving, and I can do all the organizing, putting things away, etc. That's much more my speed, for sure.

Comment

Congrats on your new digs! You will be so happy once you get moved and settled. How about the AC unit? Does that one work better than your current one? Hoping it does since your weather is so terribly hot right now.

Comment

Congrats on the new apartment. Not only do you not need to climb those stairs, you don't need to be breathing the poor air quality you have right now with those fires.

Comment

Congrats Betty - I hate stairs too. You'll enjoy having a real room again.

Comment

Thank you guys. Yes, Joanne, the air conditioning in the new unit is much better!

Comment

Working...
              X