The 12 cupcake mixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 12 cupcake mixes

It is so perfect for my family but notice it costs more than a cake mix. I thought that I could get a cake mix & use half of it and half the eggs,oil & water. I use to freeze cupcakes but somehow to me the frozen cakes defrosted doesn't taste the same. Do you think that would work? Some cake mixes want 3 eggs, don't know how to half that. What do you think?

Re: The 12 cupcake mixes

Is there a website to look at? I don't quite understand...

Comment

If I remember right, you can half an egg by beating it up and then taking 2 TBLS. out for one egg. I'll have to look that up though

Looked it up. Just measure one beaten egg in a measuring cup and take out half. It should be about 1 1/2 TBLS., depending on what size of egg you are using.

or, I think you could probably use a small egg in place of half a large egg. I'm gonna have to try that some day to see what volume small eggs have.
      Last edited by AllieK; 07-10-2008, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Roset...check this out http://www.cakemixdoctor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6261&sid=fa0b092764abb0283806f7c2a24053b6

An actual cake baker posted there about how to half a cake mix.
        The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Thanks, I think this can work out for me, plus I got food saver so I can valcum the half of cake mix. I could not figure out why getting a 12 cupcake mix would cost more money than a cake mix.

Comment

anything new and convenient costs more money. you could save even more money by finding a recipe and halving the recipe. Why buy something that has all those additives in it?

Comment

I would use egg beaters instead for "half" an egg.
              I would also be VERY careful measuring out the cake mix...there are sights that give you do-it-yourself cake mix recipes.

Comment

i asked Duncn Hines about that mix online but never heard b ack from them - well, they DID send me a free mix coupon.
                I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

Just thought of something. 2 egg whites can be used in recipes in place of 1 egg, so why not use 1 egg white for half an egg?

Comment

Originally posted by AllieK View Post
                    Just thought of something. 2 egg whites can be used in recipes in place of 1 egg, so why not use 1 egg white for half an egg?

If you check out the website I posted it says use two eggs, don't half an egg, for half the mix.
                    The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Working...
                    X