Fried chicken love it & hate it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fried chicken love it & hate it

I got fried chicken from the grocery store, didn't buy rotteriser one because lazy me didn't want to cut it up plus got shredded cole slaw mix because I'm hot & want a fast dinner. DH has been on this diet and doing wonderful but we do cheat every now & then. I never in my life fried chicken, hate the skin so bad and my Mom never fried chicken growing up. Calm down all you Southern people, HA HA HA. Well, we take off the skin (I know that is the best part but I hate the skin) it was so moist and good flavor. Does anyone feel like me, I eat fried chicken but always take off the skin. I know why bother but I just hate looking at the skin even if it is cooked. Still wonderful moist flavor.

Re: Fried chicken love it & hate it

I take off most skin but keep some crunchies. Publix had the best.
    www.southernjewishprincess.com

www.funnynotslutty.com

Comment

SJP I know, I love it but I got this thing about the skin, raw chicken with skin gets me, I know if I keep it on the chicken is moist but hate eatting it. Just gives me a strange feeling seeing the skin. Plus they fry it up but still I can't eat that skin. I am so weird.

Comment

Well, I'm a born & bred Southerner, so I don't understand y'all at all! Don't eat that lovely, crunchy skin? Why, that's just plain sinful!! Of course, many have stopped eating it because of all the fat & calories it has, but that's a different thing altogether. I, on the other hand, won't eat crab meat or raw oysters, etc. YUK!

Comment

I was thinking the same thing Engel. I have rarely taken off the skin, and then it was for health purposes, and it took every little bit of willpower that I had! I love fried chicken....don't eat it often, but love it.

Comment

I am a southerner and I can't stand the skin. When I still lived at home my brothers would fight over my fried chicken skin. I do agree that the meat is sooo yummy fried, but the skin just bugs me.
            Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

I leave the chicken skin on when baking or bbq'ing (sorry, I have never breaded and fried chicken in my life) because it keeps the chicken moist. Then I skin it when I eat it.
              Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Frid chicken I love the crisp, tasty skin! I never knew it was possible not to like it and can understand why your brothers would fight over your leftover skin Cindy! that said I cannot ....I mean I CANNOT handle the veins esp. the long, slimey dark one in the leg! I can never just eat it I have to dig that out first then I feel like its all clear to eat the fried chicken LOL

Neat topic Roset

Comment

I love fried chicken skin and all, but just can't eat it anymore due to health reasons. I will buy a rotiss. chicken once in a while, but the skin is where the flavor is.

Wish, I can't stand the drumstick because of that reason.
                  A man of words and not of deeds, is like a garden full of weeds.

Comment

Hunebe, I marinate skinless, boneless chicken in no-fat yoghurt and spices (we especially like jerk or the Montreal chicken spice). I shake off the excess and roll them in seasoned bread crumbs. I spray a pan with Pam and make sure the pieces do not touch on the pan. Then bake at 325 degrees for about 1 hour. Very tasty and very low in fat.
                    Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
                      Hunebe, I marinate skinless, boneless chicken in no-fat yoghurt and spices (we especially like jerk or the Montreal chicken spice). I shake off the excess and roll them in seasoned bread crumbs. I spray a pan with Pam and make sure the pieces do not touch on the pan. Then bake at 325 degrees for about 1 hour. Very tasty and very low in fat.
                      That sounds delish! we only eat fried chicken once in a blue moon here. the dr. has me on 2 cholesterol pills a day instead of my usual 1 for the next 6 months so I might be trying this THANKS!

Comment

Gotta Have The Skin!!! I'd Just Eat The Skin And Leave The Chicken If I Could! Lol

Comment

I am like Nu, ( well she is my cyber daughter, LOL ) forget the chicken, just give me a pound of crust / skin.

Comment

I have been guilty of going to Golden Corral and getting an extra piece of chicken from the buffet just to eat the skin and toss the rest away

The skin is my favorite part! If anyone started selling just the skin by the pound, I would probably buy a bunch and try to fry them up.

Comment

Originally posted by cottun View Post
                              I have been guilty of going to Golden Corral and getting an extra piece of chicken from the buffet just to eat the skin and toss the rest away

The skin is my favorite part! If anyone started selling just the skin by the pound, I would probably buy a bunch and try to fry them up.
                              I am shocked Cottun, just shocked that you would do that. LMAO Sounds like something I would do, and I know Nu would !

Comment

Working...
                              X