Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tooting my own horn and crying at the same time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tooting my own horn and crying at the same time!

Because of the post about putting off stuff I finally went and picked up my Associates Degree. I think I had been putting it off because I knew I would get upset and cry because my mom is not here to share this joy with me. She passed away in 2003. I am the first in our family to get any kind of degree. My three brothers own their own businesses, are doing great and have no wants for a degree. I on the other hand started college right after high school and instead of finishing I fell in love, got married, quit, raised my son and put my ex husband through school. I always knew I wanted to go back and always said I would as soon as I could. I finally got to after 25 years.

I just so wish my mother could have been here with me. She was so sad when I quit way back in 1981. I know she would have been so supportive and proud.

In the fall I start on my Bachelor degree and once again she will not be here to experience it with me and that saddens me, but I will trudge on hoping that somehow she knows. Anyway, I still miss my mom and wish she were here with me.

Those of you that have moms call them, tell them you love them, or give them a big hug. What I wouldn't do to do any of those one more time.
    Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Re: Tooting my own horn and crying at the same time!

Cindy,
    It's wonderful that you have your degree. I imagine your Mom's smiling face is looking down at you. I know it's hard to lose a Mom.

Comment

Cindy, I am very proud of you for going back and doing the work. I also know what you are feeling. When my mom passed away suddenly in 2005, I was just 2 weeks shy of getting my first teaching job. I had been a SAHM and when I divoriced and had to go back to work. She had been a praying woman and had been praying for over 3 years for me to get a teaching job. Several people remarked at her memorial that she had to go to heaven to have a face-to-face with God about my getting a job!! I know that she knows I got that job! But I always miss her when the school year starts each year.

I know that your mom is proud of you too!
      A man of words and not of deeds, is like a garden full of weeds.

Comment

OMG Cindy!!!! congrats ....such a bitter sweet accomplishment you have earned and bless your heart you are such a inspiration ((((hugs)))))))

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy View Post
          Those of you that have moms call them, tell them you love them, or give them a big hug. What I wouldn't do to do any of those one more time.
          Cindy, I so feel your pain. My mom died the day before Mother's Day in 03. I have to say it was a blessing because she suffered from severe Alzheimers. However, I miss her so much too. To this day, at age 52, I still cry and want my mommy when I'm sick, silly as it sounds. Just be rest assured, your mom is looking down on you saying, "You Go Girl! Keep up the good work" ! I agree, to all of you who have your mom's still, do what Cindy says..

Comment

Awwww, Cindy, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I know your Mom is watching you and she is very proud and happy for you... I am so sorry she is not physically here for you, but I will bet that you will receive some kind of sign from her here real soon to let you know that she DOES know what is going on with you, and that she is so very happy and proud for you...

((((((HUGS))))))

((((((JANA))))))
            Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by wishingstar View Post
              OMG Cindy!!!! congrats ....such a bitter sweet accomplishment you have earned and bless your heart you are such a inspiration ((((hugs)))))))
              Ditto.

Kudos to you! I've no doubt that your mom is grinning.

Comment

Congrats on getting your degree but I do NOT agree with you. Your sweet Mom was with you every step of the way. She is floating on a cloud in Heaven and smiling at you with love in her heart. Treasure that thought.

Those thoughts have helped me get thru losing my Mom a year ago. I try to think pleasant fun thoughts. And when I look at a beautiful white puffy cloud in the sky I always wonder, "Mom, is that you looking down at me?" And then I smile at that thought.

Joanne

Comment

boy am i glad i'm part of this !
                  I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

Cindy .....Bravo! I'm sure you worked hard to get that degree and your MOM is still proud of you...its just from heaven now.

(((((Cindy)))))
                    "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

You ladies are the best I was kind of having a pity party and needed to vent. This is exactly why I love CK. You all are the reason we keep coming back year after year. You have once again replaced my tears with a smile. Thank you from deep within my heart (((((hugs)))))
                      Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X