My Grocery store vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Grocery store vent

I just fired off a e mail to Dillons/Kroger about the poor service at their stores. We have 2 in our town & they are both bad. The sackers don't even offer to carry out the bags even if you have several. Never enough checkers, tonite there were only 2 cashiers with customer lined up at least 6 deep. I, along with several others, went thru self check with several items just not to have to wait in line so long.
    I hate going to Walmart but will start if things don't get better. And I don't have to have a damn card to get cheaper prices!!
    Thanks for letting me vent!!!

Re: My Grocery store vent

Guess I'm lucky. My Kroger store is very good. At 4 pm, all lanes are open, baggers and they will assist if you need it.

It is the only grocery store in my small city.

Comment

You should live in the northeast where baggers are a thing of the PAST... never mind people to take your bags to the car! You bag your own groceries or they'll sit there!
      "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

In my area (Toronto) the checker bags at the same time or you do it yourself.

Comment

I do believe that Kroger's goal is to make more and more people go through uscan so they can do away with what they pay their checkers and baggers in both salaries and benefits. They have drastically reduced the amount of checkers and baggers on duty at any time in my area. Only uscan is open when the store first opens at 6AM until 7:30 or 8 and then again after 10PM or so it is only uscan again. As long as people accept the situation, it will only get worse.

Comment

I hate that every time you go to Kroger's they expect you to bag your grocery's, After paying there high ass prices......I DONT THINK SO! I just sit there looking at them...lol
            "Copykat Chat Forums" on Facebook, look it up!

E-Foo

Comment

One major complaint I now have with Kroger is when I go through Uscan they now have a hand held scanner and it never fails she will come and scan stuff I want to bag or price check or ....just whatever please take that thing and put it where the sun dont shine lady by the time I understand what you have just done I have scanned it AGAIN thats not help, and not faster!

Comment

I agree, I think they hire part time people so they don't have to pay benefits and don't get good help because people want more of a full time job with benefits.
                Irritates me when the self scanner says "Place the item in the bag". Well I would IF I could get the stupid bag open, they stick together!

Comment

Our Kroger store is great. They go out of their way to please customers. Wal-Mart has led to so many stores closing when they move in so I've found that stores in small towns try harder to keep their customers. If you have a problem I bet the main office of Kroger would love to know about it and fix the problem.

Comment

The Walmart here has long lines also and the damn store is so hot ( too cheap to turn the air down) that I am sweating by the time i do check out. I much rather pay the higher prices at Kroger, at least it is cool in the store.

Comment

Some Walmarts are definately better than others. We went to one in Wichita last weekend that was clean, quiet & well stocked. Too bad ours isn't like that. Aisles are too close together, no one is helpful like on the commercials & lines are usually long there too depending on what time of day it is.
                      I'm waiting for a reply to my e mail. Did I mention that first I called the customer service hotline & they were closed so the employees could go to the company picnic?

Comment

i wish the texas HEB stores would go national,they have everything,lots of cashiers usually,they will carry your bags out,several 10 items or less lanes,a little higher than walmart maybe... most stuff is better quality than walmart,i drove a truck for HEB for several years and they did do everything to keep customers happy.

Comment

we have tons of baggers at kroger's. lots of little 16 year olds. they'll bring it to your car. problem is they cannot pack worth shit.

they jam everything in one bag.

so i called, and went off on the manager on duty. i was ticked off of how my stuff is packed, tomato's with the 5 pound thing of ground meat and my magazine all in one bag.
                          something like that...

and then the cashier and bagger were all talking never once a hello to me.

so i called.
                          went off on her. told her that if you are goign to hire a bagger then do you not teach them to bag? she studdered around a bit and said ugh yea i'll talk to him.
                          talk to him? what about my crap that all smashed up?

she said, once she thought she grew a back bone to my rage, she goes " well what you have to understand is these are kids and many of them it's their first job "
                          i interupted and said WHAT YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND IS I AM THE CUSTOMER WHO IS PAYING MORE AT YOUR STORE THAN I DO AT THE ONE ACROSS THE STREET, WHAT YOU ALSO NEED TO UNDERSTAND IS I DIDN'T HIRE THESE PEOPLE, YOU DID. AND WHAT YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT YOU HURED THEM AND PUT THEM OUT ON THE FLOOR AND THEY'VE RUINED MY GROCERIES. I DONT' HAVE TO UNDERSTAND A DAMN THING.

she changed her tune.
                          I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

im glad i live in texas, lol

Comment

Stella, LOL, good one!!! I complained about that same thing, cashiers & baggers visiting..."What time do you get off work? Did you go to so & so's party?, Etc."
                              Now they do say hello, the standard Did you find everything OK? line & Do you need help with anything on the bottom of your cart?

Comment

Working...
                              X