Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angelina Jolie has twins

Doctor: Angelina Jolie gives birth to twins

PARIS (AP) The Brangelina twins are here: Angelina Jolie has given birth to a girl and a boy.

The obstetrician who delivered the twins, Dr. Michel Sussmann, told The Associated Press that the actress, the babies and Jolie's partner, actor Brad Pitt, "are doing marvelously well."

Sussmann said Jolie gave birth to a boy, Knox Leon, and a girl, Vivienne Marcheline, by Cesarian section on Saturday night.

He told the AP on Sunday morning that the boy weighed 5.03 pounds and the girl 5 pounds.

Pitt was there during the operation, said the doctor, who delivered the twins at the seaside Lenval hospital in Nice in southern France.

"Everything is going well," said Sussmann. "The mother, the babies, the father are doing marvelously well."

He said the Cesarian was moved forward from its originally planned date "for medical reasons" so that the babies could be born "in the best conditions." Sussman did not give details.

He said Jolie is expected to stay in the hospital for a few more days.

Jolie and Pitt already have four children: Maddox, 6; Pax, 4; Zahara, 3, and Shiloh, 2.

Jolie had checked into the hospital late last month to rest and be monitored by her doctor before the birth.

Before that, she, Pitt and their children had moved into a large estate, Miraval, in the French hamlet of Correns, which is just a short helicopter ride from the hospital. Correns is about 60 miles from Nice, a resort on the Mediterranean.

Though the lenses of the world's paparazzi had been trained on maternity wards across the French Riviera, Jolie managed to slip unobserved into the clinic, reportedly arriving by helicopter on the hospital's rooftop helipad.

Pitt was seen coming and going after Jolie's hospitalization became public.

The first photos of the new twins are expected to fetch millions of dollars.
    The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Re: Angelina Jolie has twins

how beautiful! However, I do hope they stop populating our world

Comment

also.... I have visited Nice & Monte Carlo several times............what a fabulous place to come into this world

Comment

How many does that make now for her ? 3 natural and 3 adopted ? So does being born in France to American parents make these kids have dual citizenship ? Just wondering? personally don't think much of the name " Knox" I guess we will see the kids on the cover of People magazine next.

Comment

Between the two of them, they have more money than Ft. Knox, so why not name a kid after it?!!! lol

Hope they're all doing good.

Comment

Who cares??????????? Can't stand either one of them. JMHO

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
              Between the two of them, they have more money than Ft. Knox, so why not name a kid after it?!!! lol

Hope they're all doing good.
              according to the internet, everything is good, babies are healthy and the parents are fine. I don't think we need to worry about them.
              Think those two will ever get married ?? I always wonder how long Pitt will stay with her, how long before he will get tired of all those kids she talks about adopting in the future??

Comment

Originally posted by charlyn View Post
                Who cares??????????? Can't stand either one of them. JMHO
                i agree,some mag. is gonna pay millions to them for pics,even if they give it to charity i could care less, oh well...

Comment

They will stay together forever because nobody else can stand the stench of their unbathed bodies!

Congrats to them on their newest rugrats!
                  Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy View Post
                    They will stay together forever because nobody else can stand the stench of their unbathed bodies!

Congrats to them on their newest rugrats!

LOL Cindy, don't hold back. What makes you think they stink, don't bath ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy View Post
                      How do you know this, Cindy? Are you assuming just because they live in France that they don't bathe?

Congratulations to them all. I admire them for adopting children that no one else will have. They have the money to do it, so why not???

On a separate note, I loved them both as actors, even before they got together.
                      Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

they got their hands full..just wait till they become teenagers..so is this it..or will they plan to adopt more..thier's another women who has adopted a lrg family..she's an actress..who was once married to an actor named woody..can't think of thier names..

Comment

Let's just keep glamourizing UNWED parents really gives kids today something to look up to!
                          I'm a transplanted Yankee!

Comment

Angelbutterfly, you are thinking of Mia Farrow and Woody Allen. Theirs was a messy and awful divorce, with a lot of accusations much like Christie Brinkley's is going on now.

JMHO but...........as far as them having their hands full.........I don't think so......they don't live in the "real world" like the rest of us who have had multiple births (me) and had to do EVERYTHING myself without the help of nannies and living on a shoe string income while trying to raise them. OR just anyone in general who has had children no matter if it's one, two, ten, sixteen.

I do like these actors, don't get me wrong, but let's face it.......no hardships or sacrifices for them I'm sure. Only admirable thing is I'm sure their adopted children have a much better chance in life now with them then they might have had otherwise........hopefully, they will grow up not to be spoiled celebrity brats and will do something admirable themselves some day.
                            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Originally posted by anglebutterfly View Post
                              they got their hands full..just wait till they become teenagers..so is this it..or will they plan to adopt more..thier's another women who has adopted a lrg family..she's an actress..who was once married to an actor named woody..can't think of thier names..
                              That was Mia Farrow, and she had a biological child with Woody Allen. I don't think they were ever married ?? Woody Allen later married one of those girls she adopted, way to go Woody!

Comment

Working...
                              X