travel Q&A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• travel Q&A

I never bought a travel package through an online site before. (like Orbitz, travelocity and such) and just wanted to know how it all works, I was going to buy some tickets from travelocity one time and saw that they wouldn't except my debit card, thats a Visa....so I called them up to make sure they would except it and got a lady from India and she didn't understand a word I was trying to say to her....so I didn't buy the tickets
    "Copykat Chat Forums" on Facebook, look it up!

E-Foo

Re: travel Q&A

Last year when I was planning a trip to AZ for my nephew's h.s. graduation, I went through Expedia and also made my hotel reservations and car rental reservations through the AARP website under their travel arrangements (I'm 51now, but they consider you as a senior citizen @ 50 I had mixed feelings about that one!!!).

I had good experiences with both those websites and didn't have any problems with my credit card at all. There was only one time where I had to call Expedia about a change in the airline schedule, but that wasn't too bad of an experience other than being on hold for eternity.

Good luck. If you are a member of AAA, which I am not, maybe you ought to give them a call. I've always heard great things about their "trip tics" and other arrangements that they do for travelers.
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Originally posted by krubinic View Post
      Last year when I was planning a trip to AZ for my nephew's h.s. graduation, I went through Expedia and also made my hotel reservations and car rental reservations through the AARP website under their travel arrangements (I'm 51now, but they consider you as a senior citizen @ 50 I had mixed feelings about that one!!!).

I had good experiences with both those websites and didn't have any problems with my credit card at all. There was only one time where I had to call Expedia about a change in the airline schedule, but that wasn't too bad of an experience other than being on hold for eternity.

Good luck. If you are a member of AAA, which I am not, maybe you ought to give them a call. I've always heard great things about their "trip tics" and other arrangements that they do for travelers.

did you use a check card? or a credit card? because I don't have any more credit cards..lol there interest rate are out of control

E-Foo

Comment

I believe I used my regular credit card on one and then my Debit/Credit card (VISA) on the other one. Unfortunately, I'm not sure which site I used which card, sorry.

I am a "senior citizen" now ya know, Efue!!! You certainly cannot expect me to remember precisely what I did a year or more ago can you???? LOL!!!!
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

We just used Expedia for airline tickets and used the debit mastercard (that's actually why DH finally broke down and got the debit card) and didn't have any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Denise View Post
            We just used Expedia for airline tickets and used the debit mastercard (that's actually why DH finally broke down and got the debit card) and didn't have any problems.
            thanks for the info I just need to know if Orbitz or Travlocity will take them and ill be set.

and here's a site you can use to get codes for discounts www.retailmenot.com

E-Foo

Comment

I use Hotwire. Never had a problem. Do airline tickets, hotels and rental cars. Been using them about 5-6 years.

Comment

Working...
              X