Turkey Bacon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkey Bacon

WOW! I made BLT's the other night and along with one pound of bacon I also fried one pound of turkey bacon.

I was freakin' amazed at how good it was. I have been converted from regular bacon to turkey bacon!!!!
    Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Re: Turkey Bacon

I think it must depend on how its cooked. I've had turkey bacon that had the consistency of styrofoam. And you know how regular bacon sometimes still tastes good if it gets a little overcooked? Not the case with turkey bacon! Yuck! It tasted like burned styrofoam! But when its cooked just right, I agree - its really good.

Comment

I tried turkey bacon years ago when it first came on the market and my family didn't like it at all, neither did I. I have to try it again, maybe it's improved ?

Comment

LOL Cotton, I have to have overcooked bacon, so I overcooked my turkey bacon!!! I can't stand one little piece of uncooked meat. I bought the Oscar Meyer, but I did burn it a bit!

Comment

Sams Club has some decent turkey bacon if any one hasn't tried theirs. Only problem is there is so much of it and if you cannot use it fast enough, it expires too quickly.
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Maybe it has something to do with the brand too. Will have to try the Oscar Mayer. I bought a different brand because it had less fat content and was still cheaper. I think it was either Louis Rich or Jennie-O.

Comment

I have wanted to try it for a long time, but DH is so darn picky that I haven't. He went to Philly last month on business and they went to this little deli. He detests delis, but the other guys were for it. It was a HEALTHY deli!!!! They did not even own a fryer! He got the BLT and it was made from Turkey. He came home and told me he was impressed, so I bought some and we both really liked it.

I have to tell you he asked for the TBLT and fries. They said we don't have fries, he asked for potato chips, they said no chips, he said, well what do you have? She said a Spring salad, he said Ok, I'll take that deep fried please!!!! The girl cracked up at that. It turns out she was a kindred spirit from Kentucky as well!!!

Sabine, I will be honest. As I was frying it I wasn't sure I was going to like it. The smell was a bit different, but I kept an open mind and I am glad that I did

Comment

The Oscar Mayer is the ONLY Turkey Bacon that is really good! That is what I buy and I LOVE it! Did you also notice how much you get? That is a lot of bacon!!
                Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Uncooked bacon of any kind freezes very well.

Ann

Comment

I cooked up some chicken bacon yesterday morning and, I burnt it,,,,it was chicken JERKY!!! hahaha! The kids loved it. Flavour was okay. I check the package after cooking only to see that it is already cooked, so it only needs a slight browning/warming.
                    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I bumped the turkey bacon birds nest recipe in Special diets for those who want to disquise the taste a abit.

Comment

I got turkey bacon long time ago, hated it, hope it is better but we eat bacon about once a month or even less so I go for the real thing. Tried lite mayo too, hardly use it so I go for the real stuff. Figure I don't use it often but enjoy it the few times I eat it.

Comment

Lauren, there is a lot of it! I kept frying and frying! There was definitely plenty to go around

I had no idea that the fat content would be different in different brands. I just figured turkey bacon is turkey bacon!

During the summer months we will have BLT's two to three times a week because we love them with fresh tomatoes and only eat them when we have fresh tomatoes. I needed something lighter than bacon so I could enjoy them too. I have been using Reduced calorie mayonnaise for years. I just don't eat enough of it to justify buying it. If I make something big then I will just buy a small jar and toss it when it goes bad. I have a small jar right now and it is fine.

Comment

Working...
                          X