netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• netflix

i just signed us up for netflix. i can't wait to start getting movies. we don't really watch movies so i had a hard time knowing where to start. the movie 27 dresses will be the first movie that we watch. i am excited. anyone else have netflix??? do you like it? what plan works best for you. i went with one at a time, unlimited number for the month.
    SHEL

Re: netflix

I have it, and love it and have the same plan as you..! You'll be amazed how quick the turn around is.. Next, get The Bucket List.. Very good IMO !

Comment

I have it, and I go through spells of watching a bunch of movies, and then not watching a bunch of movies. I do the 2 at a time, b/c I am not responsible enough for any more movies than that

StephanieM

Comment

Had netflix. At first it was really good then the service got terrible. I got movies that wouldn't work, or got the package no movie, they would say they never received the movies I sent back for three or four weeks, then they got slower and slower in coming. Switched to blockbusteronline, had it for about a year and love it.
        The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Love Netflix! I can get all the weird foreign films Babe wouldn't watch on a bet! Plus, I've been enjoying TV shows that were on HBO and Showtime that I didn't get to see.

My big gripe? Season 1 of Weeds (Showtime) was on ONE dvd... so was Season 2. I've been enjoying the HBO show Six Feet Under but a whole season is on like 3 or 4 dvds... 2 to 3 episodes per dvd. They're both hour-long shows. I think it's just a way to get you to get more dvds.

I have the unlimited 2 at a time. Sometimes I can do 4 dvds in a week! That's worth the 14.99 to me!!

I put one to go back in this morning's mail. They'll get it tomorrow and I'll have another on Wed!! Sure beats the 25 miles each way into town!
          "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

We just recently started with nexflix and love it. Turn around time is so fast.
            Theresa

Comment

We've had it for a few years now - we have the two at a time plan. We aren't huge TV watchers, but we LOVE movies. We'll go check out the AFI lists of best films. check out what we've never seen and go for it. It's great. Right now I have "Ben Hur" and "American History X."

Comment

I found this online. If you only get a few movies I guess it's okay. But, if you have teens, as I do, sometimes I get movies and they watch them that night and I mail them make the next day. So that's why netflix wasn't great for me. With Blockbuster I have never had this problem.

How It Works

Netflix says it loses money on customers who are paying less than $2.00 per rental*. When this occurs Netflix most likely punishes them by 1) slowing down their rental shipments, 2) reporting returned rentals as received days later than they actually were, and 3) giving them lowest priority for movies in high demand. There's also a high probability that Netflix considers a customer's rental history when determining punishment. A customer who is currently costing Netflix money and has a history of unprofitably is likely to receive severe punishment.

This calculator takes into account how many movies you will rent, how many movies you have rented, and your membership plan when determining your punishment, if any. As long as you pay more than $2.00 per rental, Netflix will provide you with timely service. Of course, Netflix can change this practice at any time to suit its needs.

How Netflix Throttles

Why?

Arguments have started over Netflix supposedly "throttling" customers who rent too many DVDs. Netflix shareholders say, "That's not true! How could busy Netflix take the time to labor over records just to single YOU out." Answer: Netflix employees don't have to get their hands dirty; computer programs do the job. This is my example of how Netflix uses programming to punish customers who rent too many DVDs.

In theory, I should be able to receive as many as 88 Netflix movies per month since Netflix boasts same day turnaround in some cases. However, the most rentals Netflix has ever sent me is 40 per month (8-at-a-time plan). Think twice before being lured by advertisement promising "unlimited rentals" and "Rent as many DVDs as you want." It's a come-on for service you'll never get.
                The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

i love netflix,i get 2 at a time for every weekend,ive had a couple that wouldnt play and they sent replacements asap.so im happy, lol

Comment

I never once had one that wouldn't play...

Comment

We had Netflix and liked it for about 2mo. After that, I was getting Long Wait on all of our choices. It would take so long to ever get a movie, I just cancelled and starting going back to Hollywood Video or Redbox.

Comment

Originally posted by CalicoSkiesNC View Post
                        We had Netflix and liked it for about 2mo. After that, I was getting Long Wait on all of our choices. It would take so long to ever get a movie, I just cancelled and starting going back to Hollywood Video or Redbox.

I was beginning to think I was the only one that had that problem.

Comment

Been with Netflix for almost three years now. Am very happy with it.

Comment

I have netflix and am please with it. I get one movie at a time and that works for me

Comment

Dont have netflix. I considered it, but then the Walmart near me started renting out movies for $1.00 each (even the new releases). Only stipulation is that they have to be returned within 24 hours, but the store is open 24 hours so thats not a problem. Just seemed to be a better deal for me and I'm not obligated to keep doing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X