Question about pdf files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about pdf files

I have to download my work from a website and it comes in pdf format. I never had this problem before. I keep getting the message that the file is damaged, could not be repaired and it can't open the file. I had my boss send me a link, got it to open once but now I get the same message from her link. She suggested I download a newer version but I don't think that will help as the message seems to make it that the work site is damaged. Apparently though I'm the only one having this problem.
    Any expert help out there. I have a week until I need to open another file from this site.

Thanks,

Terri

Re: Question about pdf files

Sometimes Mine Won't Let Me Open In Pdf. If I Right Click And Say Open With Adobe, It'll Open. But That's As Far As I Can Tell You. I'm Computer Illiterate!!!

Comment

Hi Terri. .pdf is a proprietary format started by Adobe with their Acrobat reader. Try downloading a new version from this site: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2_allversions.html

If you have an old version on your computer and the .pdf was created by a newer version of Acrobat, you might have compatibility problem. The newest version of the reader could help your problem.

Comment

problem could be anti virus software on your computer.

Comment

I have that same problem, to solve this I right click and (save target as) then I go to adobo reader to open file or it will as if you want to open the file. Hope this works for your problem.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I knew you could help.

Comment

Working...
            X