Cedar Plank grilling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cedar Plank grilling

I was reading my Kraft email and it is all about cedar plank grilling. I went to the site they suggested to buy these planks. If I understand right you throw the plank away after using it!!! I am sorry, but I am just to cheap, yep to cheap to do that! Cooking.com set of 6 for 12.95. Could you just throw them away?
    Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Re: Cedar Plank grilling

amazon has a bunch of different ones that cost that much or more, i'd get one set see how they are made,and make my own,lots of cedar here in texas, lol

Comment

Hey, I will give ya my ex mil's addy in Houston. Her entire back yard is lined with cedar trees!!!! hee hee
      Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

I saw them at Big Lots. Not sure how much tho.. Also check out Home Depot or Lowes. I don't see why you can't reuse them once or twice.

Comment

Could it be a food safety, / health issue ? I have never used those planks, but I see them at my grocery store and Costco.

Comment

The ones we used the other nite said we could chop them up & use them in our smoker. We grilled salmon on them, yum.

Comment

I think you just need to check to make sure that the cedar is NOT chemically treated, and that it is soaked before use.

I have always heard that you can use them over, after soaking for at least a few times.

Of course they will burn some, and they are not to be used forever.......

the chemical part of the cedar is the BIG part. You can go to Home Depot or Lowe's to get untreated shingles to use......

Comment

I was watching Good Eats the other night and he suggested going to a lumber yard and buying a cedar plank (make sure it is not treated) and get them to cut down into planks for you. So basically for the same price you'd pay to buy a single cedar plank from the department store you could have 8 - 10 of them from the lumber yard.

Comment

i work at a lumberyard,cedar is pretty high dollar stuff,i will check what we can get tomorrow,i would imagine you shouldnt use it twice because of the sap,you can also use oak,apple,and several other woods for this.

Comment

I would buy them at the lumber company. You don't need big or thick ones...... so the price should not be as high.

Comment

I bought 4 planks online over the hoilidays. I keep reusing them and would never throw them out! Just clean with hot soapy water and soak before each use. They make great salmon!

Comment

Working...
                      X