"Too close for comfort" at the ATM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Too close for comfort" at the ATM

I told a man that he was just too close to me, at the ATM this afternoon, to whch he retorted, this is NYC and we are in close quarters.

I went inside and complained to a teller but she said that there is no "distance" rule at the ATM.

That does NOT sound right to me ! Anyone ?
    I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Re: "Too close for comfort" at the ATM

I Think There Should Be A Distance Rule. For Privacy, For Safety. Who Knows Who That Person Is Behind You, Is It Someone Just Waiting To Get Money From The Atm, Or Waiting For You To Get Money From The Atm!

Comment

In my bank (which is in NY) they actually put a yellow line for people to stand behind and wait.
      The man was rude...some New Yorkers can be rude. I might have pretended that I forgot something in my bag, pulled off to the side, and waited for him to go. You never really know if they are just tryin to get your pin or something

Comment

the more i think about it, the more unreal it is.

Comment

Nuisance.....my son got kidnapped at the ATM in your town (WF) when he was at MU. The guys watched him get his $$ out of the ATM there by the Denny's near Sheppard Field......then stuck a gun in his back and crawled in the car with him and made him drive around East WF for a couple of hours. He was a Psych major and had had training in law enforcement negotiation, etc....... he just talked to them very calmly did what they said .....they finally just took his cash and gave him back his billfold and credit card and thanked him and had him drop them off back near Denny's and disappeared.

Sewcute....I do the same thing even when I'm at the drive-thru ATM....if someone pulls up behind me just as I get there, I just go on thru and come back later.

Comment

OMG!!! Thank goodness he kept his cool. Unfortunatly the area by the base isn't any better now. That would make me extra paranoid about ATM's.

Comment

We use the ATM that is inside the grocery store. Most people are nice enough to stand far enough back, usually there is never a line. They have some tellers and I guess they rather go up to the teller & do their banking.

Comment

I would have told him, after punching 91 - , that the next 1 was coming if he did not get the h away from me!

Comment

some atms are safer than others. i pretty much use mine when 'm going straight to my office in the am; i don't want anyone following me home.

Comment

I usually use the ATM inside my grocery store, which is located right next to the customer service center, never had any problems. When we travel I always have SO stand behind me, so nobody can come up and look over my shoulder. I find that most people do keep their distance, I know I do.

Comment

I Use The One At My Bank, Which Is Drive Up.

Comment

I think there should be closed room that one goes into. I don't use ATM's, but if I did, I wouldn't use one that so many people could crowd around

Comment

I use the drive-up ATM. I feel so much safer using it this way.
                          "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

I yet have to have people crowd around me when I use the ATM machine LOL

Comment

one good thing in texas, we can carry guns, lol

Comment

Working...
                              X