Bobby Flays Burger Palace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby Flays Burger Palace

Bobby Flay opened an upscale burger place near me on the Island. I have some of his recipes...they all sound really YUMMY!!!

Bobby’s Burger Palace - Crunch Burger (The Signature Burger)
    Burger: 1½lbs freshly ground chuck (80/20)
    Salt and freshly ground pepper
    8 slices cheddar cheese, sliced 1/4 inch thick
    4 slices beefsteak tomatoes
    4 leaves romaine lettuce
    Sliced Red Onions
    Horseradish Mustard
    4 Sesame Seed Hamburger Buns
    Potato chips
    Preheat grill to high. Form the meat into four 6-ounce burgers. Season burgers on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium doneness. During last minutes of cooking add 2 slices of cheese to each burger, cover grill and let melt, approximately 1 minute. Place burger on bun and top with onions, tomato, lettuce and a dollop of the mustard and potato chips.

Philly Burger
    Burger: 1½lbs freshly ground chuck
    8 slices aged provolone cheese, sliced 1/4 inch thick
    2 roasted red peppers, peeled, seeded, stemmed and coarsely chopped
    Pickled hot pepper rings
    Spanish onion, chopped and sautéed until soft
    Preheat grill to high. Form the meat into four 8-ounce burgers. Season burgers on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium doneness. During last minutes of cooking add 2 slices of cheese to each burger, cover grill and let melt, approximately 1 minute. Place burger on bun and top red peppers, hot peppers, and onion. Place

Napa Valley Burger
    Meyer Lemon-Honey Mustard
    1/4 cup Dijon mustard
    1 heaping tablespoon clover honey
    1 teaspoon orange zest
    ½ teaspoon lemon zest
    1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
    1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    Whisk together all ingredients, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours to allow flavors to meld.

Burger : 1½lbs freshly ground chuck
    8 slices goat cheese, sliced ½ thick
    Watercress
    Meyer Lemon-Honey Mustard
    Preheat grill to high. Form the meat into four 8-ounce burgers. Season burgers on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium doneness. During last minutes of cooking add 2 slices of cheese to each burger, cover grill and let soften slightly, approximately 1 minute. Place burger on bun, drizzle with some of the mustard and top with a few sprigs of watercress.

Grilled Fries with Bobby's Secret Sauce
    Secret Sauce: ½c prepared mayonnaise
    1 small red pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and diced
    1 chipotle chile in adobo
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to meld.
    6 Idaho potatoes, scrubbed
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    1. Place potatoes in a pot of cold water, add 2 tablespoons of salt and cook until potatoes are tender, but still firm, about 10 minutes. Drain, let cool and cut each potato lengthwise into 8 slices.
    2. Heat grill to high. Brush potatoes with oil and grill until golden brown and cooked through, 3-5 minutes. Serve with secret sauce on the side.

Black & White Malted
    11 ounces good quality vanilla ice cream (Edy's or Haagen Daz)
    4 ounces whole milk
    2 ounces good quality chocolate syrup
    2 tablespoons malt powder
    Freshly whipped cream
    Shaved chocolate
    Combine ice cream, milk, chocolate syrup and malt powder in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a large glass, top with a dollop of whipped cream and garnish with shaved chocolate

Re: Bobby Flays Burger Palace

Oh Wow !! My mouth is watering.. I will be saving these recipes to try ! Thanks for sharing. Are you going to eat there soon?

Comment

That is all that's on the menu ? We have a place called " Red Robin" that serves only hamburgers. I have never eaten there, so I have no clue how they taste.

Comment

Originally posted by janabanana View Post
        Oh Wow !! My mouth is watering.. I will be saving these recipes to try !
        Ditto!

Sabine, go and try a burger! The whiskey BBQ one is great (if they still have it). We don't have a Red Robin around here (I miss them). They also used to have the bottomless basket of fries!

Comment

We have Reb Robins too... we LOVE their stuff!

I am planning a grils night out for August 1st...this is where we are going.

and NO - these were the only recipes I could find! The place JUST opened on the 15th (of JULY!)

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
            That is all that's on the menu ? We have a place called " Red Robin" that serves only hamburgers. I have never eaten there, so I have no clue how they taste.
            RR has a lot more than burgers.. They have great salads, wraps, croissant sandwiches, and many more items on their menu. I eat there often. Yes, bottomless fries and a huge tower of onion rings..

Comment

Originally posted by Sewcute View Post
              We have Reb Robins too... we LOVE their stuff!

I am planning a grils night out for August 1st...this is where we are going.

and NO - these were the only recipes I could find! The place JUST opened on the 15th (of JULY!)
              Are you pulling off a surprise birthday party for me ?? hahaha! You'll enjoy eating there.

Comment

LOL, sounds like I am going to have to try Red Robins. I love deep fried onion rings

Comment

Originally posted by janabanana View Post
                  Are you pulling off a surprise birthday party for me ?? hahaha! You'll enjoy eating there.

JOIN US Jana!!!!

Comment

I live in a small community (according to most people), I think it is big enough. We don't get restaurants like Bobby Flay's so will never experience it unless I go where there is one. Don't have a Red Robin here either but one is Salt Lake City Utah which is about 3 to 4 hours away. We have this cute little shop that looks like an old sock hop type diner. It's called Johnny B Goode's and their burgers and fries are fantastic. We also have this hole in the wall called Central Park's and it is this building that is big enough for 4 people and all the equipment to cook the food. They have a window on each side of it and take orders from both sides. They make big burgers and good tasting too. Their fries are also wonderful. These are our burger experiences but we love them. They beat out the normal Burger King, McDonalds, Wendy's, and Artic Circle burgers any day. Thanks for those recipes thou, they sound delicious.

Debbie
                    Never regret something because at one point it was exactly what you wanted!

Comment

Ya know...those places are some of the best in the world (IMO)!
                      Thats why Guys show is so sucessful (Diners, Drive ins, and Dives). He visits local joints and tastes ALL the foods. I've gotten some really good ideas from that show.

Comment

Milkyway, your local places sound awesome, its funny how our perception is different when we're not familiar with them, or the area, .. so enjoy! Just like sewcute mentioned, the foodnetwork show 'DDD' is fantastic for bringing such places into focus for the rest of us..

We don't have many mom & pop diners around here in tourist-ville, so we do our best with the chains you mentioned and on our own, which thanks to sewcute I will be trying some of those booby flay burgers... thanks, sew..

I *used* to hate bobby flay, but I recently read how him and his wife were good Catholics, as I am, (well, I'm Catholic, lol, trying to get to the 'good' label, but I tend to avoid the label giver-outers, lol).. so now he's ok, lol..

Comment

I love Bobby Flay, and I would def go there if I lived close. If we ever do a vacation in New York, I will go to all of his restaurants.

Comment

Sewcute--I just googled it and you can go to the website where Bobby tells about the restaurant. http://www.exploreli.com/entertainment/localguide/north-shore-suffolk/ny-exmain5763236jul15,0,7933256.story

Comment

Thanks Denise! I had googled him and then told the girls "thats where we are going next time!" did you watch the little video? They were filmingthat in March/April of this year (when they were still building the place)!

Kiop, I was never a big fan of his either. Since his show throwdown...I see another side of him. I no longer see that "cocky, snot bag, of a culinary rock star" I used to think he was. He takes pride in his food, and LOVES when other people beat him at it...it only makes him better! He KNOWS he's not perfect anymore...and I like that!

I wouldnt say I LOVE him...but I def LIKE him a lot more now .

Comment

Working...
                              X