Rain Rain Go Away!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain Rain Go Away!!!

I am so tired of thunder, lightning and rain!!!!!! The sun came out of about ten minutes now it's thundering and dark again. We cut the grass and two days later it needs to be cut again because of all the rain. Just read that four sink holes opened up a few miles away because of all the rain we have gotten. One is like forty feet across and fifteen foot deep. I need to go to the grocery store....GGGGRRRR!!!! (yes I am still grumpy today...LOL!!!)
    Last edited by floridagirly68; 07-17-2008, 09:46 AM.
    The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Re: Rain Rain Go Away!!!

Send it up here!! We are look like we are in the beginnings of a drought. Can't believe it with the record rainfalls we had in the spring. Lawns are beginning to turn brown and my flowers need watering every day. It's so humid and hot here today that you can only be indoors or out in a pool.

Comment

I would say send it here, but I am hoping my grass dies-no paying someone to mow! BTW, how come my petunia, etc die unless I water them, but Kudzu grows like crazy-should I put it in a hanging basket????
      Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Originally posted by nommie View Post
        I would say send it here, but I am hoping my grass dies-no paying someone to mow! BTW, how come my petunia, etc die unless I water them, but Kudzu grows like crazy-should I put it in a hanging basket????
        Never heard of those....had to look it up (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kudzu). Sounds like they grow without a whole lot of care. Sounds like they would get too tall for hanging baskets?????
        The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Originally posted by floridagirly68 View Post
          I am so tried of thunder, lightning and rain!!!
          I am SO sick of it too! Where is the SUN?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
            I am SO sick of it too! Where is the SUN?!?
            I think I'm having sun withdrawals.

Comment

Please send it my way, SA and most of south texas is in a draught.

Comment

We are fine here. We are recording one of the wettest years on record. Thankfully it is coming in spurts, so not much flooding.

I remember when we lived in Ga. they had kudzu swallowing whole entire acres of trees. It was really sad to see. I hope it never gets here because it is very destructive
                Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

They just put some pics online of the some of the sinkholes that are opening up. I guess so far they are filling with water as they open.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by floridagirly68 View Post
                    They just put some pics online of the some of the sinkholes that are opening up. I guess so far they are filling with water as they open.
                    omg thats scary!
                    When my day goes downhill and I start to feel upset, my thoughts turned to chocolate gifts and everything turns out ok.

Comment

I wish it would go away too

Comment

Originally posted by angie1313 View Post
                        omg thats scary!
                        I've known a few people that have had them underneath of their homes. They just keep pumping concrete under there to fill them up. I would be terrified that my house was going to fall in. There was a huge one near these the last time that it rained that opened up in the middle of a busy road. Just another reason homeowners insurance in Florida costs a fortune.

Comment

I for one am thankful for the rain, though it has come in large spurts; but, we are still at a defficit, so I do not complain about the rain, (hey it rhymed!). the sun has been mostly out here today, though yesterday a deluge came twice! keeps the temps down, too.

Comment

Hey Florida,
                            Do the grocery stores by you deliver? I know here they do, and it really doesnt cost much...I do it cause I HATE draggingthe kids out when its bad weather...just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by Sewcute View Post
                              Hey Florida,
                              Do the grocery stores by you deliver? I know here they do, and it really doesnt cost much...I do it cause I HATE draggingthe kids out when its bad weather...just a thought

Nope, but with all the older people down here I bet they would make a killing if they did.

The rain doesn't keep the temperatures down here. Between the heat and humidity it's unbearable.

Comment

Working...
                              X