BIG Zucchini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG Zucchini

I have always heard that zucchini is best when it is a smaller size. My Mom & Stepdad have zucchini in their garden this year. Some are just HUGE!! I hate to throw away, can they still be used??

Re: BIG Zucchini

they make excellent zuchinni bread and stuffed zuchinni ot slice and use in place of noodles in veggie lasagna.
    SHEL

Comment

I Like To Get The Big Zucchini's, Half Down The Middle, Take The Seeds Out. Make Your Favorite Meatloaf Mixture, Put Down The Middle And Bake Until The Meats Done. It Adds Extra Flavor To The Zucchini.

Comment

ok everyone...I still have another hour before lunch! lol Please stop talking about all this delicious food.
        When my day goes downhill and I start to feel upset, my thoughts turned to chocolate gifts and everything turns out ok.

Comment

Great!! I will def use them!! Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SHEL View Post
            they make excellent zuchinni bread and stuffed zuchinni ot slice and use in place of noodles in veggie lasagna.

oooh... what a GREAT idea! Our neighbor brought us a baseball bat zucchini the other day. Veggie lasagna sounds awesome!!
            "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

I call them torpedos when they reach that size. I'd take out the seeds as well as some of the zucchini itself but leave a nice bit with the skin on then stuff with a mix of the zucchini, meat, tomato and onion and whatever spice catches your fancy. Put a little cheese on it and bake until the zucchini is done. No wastage as you eat the peel as well.

Yummy - I'm hoping for torpedo donations from friends with gardens this year.

Comment

today i will be picking zucchini and making a pie..should be interesting..you can shred the zukes and make zucchini pancakes..

Comment

When I Was Doing Low Carb Diet. I'd Make Zucchini Hashbrowns. Shredd Your Zucchini, Salt Them Some, Let Drain In Collender, Then Add An Egg And Some Parmasan Cheese, Fry Patties Until Browned On Both Sides. They Were Real Good. I'd Add Some Onion Also.

Comment

Zucchini bread is wonderful....yummy!

Comment

Anyone have a tried and true zucchini bread recipe that is moist?

Comment

I have always made the zucchini pancakes but would also like a zucchini bread recipe. I am going to try a lasagna with as someone suggested

Comment

Last year, George and Edna planted zucchini. It was a bumper harvest. Every day Edna would go out into her garden and pick buckets of zucchinis. They gave zucchini to everyone they knew. Edna made George zucchini pancakes, bread, casseroles and muffins. She fried, baked, broiled, boiled and grilled zucchini. They ate zucchini for breakfast lunch and dinner!
                          This year Edna could not understand it! Her zucchini plants were just loaded with buds and flowers yet they were not producing any zucchinis. She watered and pampered her plants and nothing! She was beginning to wonder if the bees were on strike. One morning she awoke early expecting to find George making coffee. To her shock, she sees George in the garden plucking flowers off the plants as fast as he can and shoving them in a garbage bag.
                          Mystery solved.

Comment

I found this on www.foodpals.com today. It looks really good. I'm printing me a copy to try!.

Zucchini Salad
                            Date: 07/18/2008 02:03:05
                            Posted by: oh_mother_may_I
                            Ingredients

1 med Zucchini, chopped
                            1 cup Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese, cubed or shredded
                            1 cup Ham, Salami or Pepperoni, sliced or cubed
                            1 hard boiled Egg, chopped
                            1/2 Tomato, chopped

Dressing:

1/2 cup of Oil
                            1/4 tsp Garlic, minced
                            1/2 cup Vinegar
                            1/4 tsp Salt
                            1/4 cup of Honey
                            Pepper
                            2 tbsps grated or minced Onion
                            1 1/2 tbsp fresh Parsley

Combine salad ingredients and toss well. Combine dressing ingredients in pint jar, and shake well and pour over salad. Toss before serving.

Comment

i'll keep my mouth shut, LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X