Do you know what today is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know what today is?

Besides my birthday, that is. It's Moon Day... the day Neil Armstrong walked on the moon in 1969. I was turning 23 on that day. My late husband and I celebrated with our best friends at their house and watched the moon walk on TV. I remember that day like it was yesterday.

Does anyone else have a special memory of that day? Probably a lot of you weren't even born yet.
    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Re: Do you know what today is?

Hmmm....I was nine months old then...LOL.
    The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

I saw on the news today about today being Moon day, but saw nothing about your birthday! lol

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Hope you have a great day!!!

Comment

I didn't even have any children yet when they walked on the moon. Didn't have my first till 1971.

Comment

1. Happy Birthday.

2. I foolishly kept my DDs up to 'watch' thinking for some unknown reason that 4 and 6 year-olds were going to remember. Silly me.

Comment

I remember it well! I was 15 yrs old and visiting my sister's first apt. in Toledo OH.

Comment

I was working as a clerk/cashier on our local drug store. We had a TV on all day.

Today is also National Ice Cream Day... heard it on TV this morning!
              "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Originally posted by luvs2eat View Post
                Today is also National Ice Cream Day... heard it on TV this morning!
                That, I didn't know. I'll have to be sure and eat some ice cream, too. Yum!

Comment

I would have been 13 and do remember watching with my Grandma! DD#1 went to school with Neil's granddaughter! We have a new ice cream place close by, so today would be a great day to try it

Comment

Honestly, I DO remember the video of the Moon Walk like it was yesterday.....BUT, until you mentioned it...I thought it was in January 1969....which is when my oldest child was born...I was barely 18 at the time......so I "googled" and found that January 1969 was the first Space walk...by Russians Yevgeny Khrunov,Aleksei Yeliseyev

January 16, 1969 First two-person spacewalk; Transferred from Soyuz 5 to 4

July 21, 1969 Apollo 11 - Moonwalk Neil Armstrong,Buzz Aldrin

Comment

I was in my early 20's and was sitting in a gynaecologists office while my best friend was checking out her "pregnancy status." There was a TV in the waiting room & I watched the moon landing.
                      "WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Comment

you are as old as my mother well 4 months older.
                        I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Working...
                        X