Dress shirts for me - $$$$$$$$$$$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dress shirts for me - $$$$$$$$$$$

DH wears a wrinkle free, stain free, short sleeved, fitted (athletic) dress shirt each day to work, and he washes them in a full load of his shirts only, once a month and hangs them up to dry.

He hasn't bought any for ten years, and by the time he decided that a lot of his were ripped, stained, etc., I couldn't get anything on sale anymore at JC Penney. The only ones left were $30,and the shipping alone was $34 !!!!

I anyway ordered him some in plain white and plain light blue, and I told him better luck next year for some in stripes. I looked around online, and ALL the mens shirts seem expensive !

I guess i shouldn't complain because they DID last 10 years, and are easy care - they have all those features - stain free, wrinkle free, and a fitted look, but I am smarting at the shopping cost.

Anyone?
    Last edited by Chocolate Moose; 07-20-2008, 02:33 PM. Reason: wrong title - should be dress shirts for DH, not me
    I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Re: Dress shirts for me - $$$$$$$$$$$

Cost of fuel? We're going to feel it in more situations than we ever imagined.

Comment

Oh......I guess...another reason that we should have bought earlier in the season.

No one has them cheaper - not Macy's, certainly not Jos. A Banks or Brooks Bros. (I know a lot of my coworkers wear that brand).

I don't want to chance an off brand which might mean return costs ... I see a brand Arrow which I think my brother wore, and Van Heusen which is a lot of polyesther and I 'm afraid DH won't find that comfortable.

Guess I'm just going to have to suck it up.

Comment

My DH has always had luck with mail ordering from "www.haband.com". They have really good sales and the shirts wash and dry beautifully without ironing.

Comment

i'm gonna look. thanks !

Comment

All hubby wears to work now are those shirts. I get em at Target & Kmart.. usually 13.00 and sometimes cheaper if I catch a sale. JC Penneys had a great sale a mth ago. I got 48.00 ones for 12.00. Got ta love a sale!!

Comment

Mommyx2, which shirts are they? thanks

Comment

Land End has nice mens shirts ... so does C Crew & LL Bean.

Comment

all of those are more expensive than jc penney, though, for fittedf dresses shirt, no iron.

Comment

Working...
                  X