Help..2 questions...Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help..2 questions...Please

I have been wanting to make a new bread recipe and it calls for cracked wheat. Where do I find it to buy it!? I have been all over town and can't find Cracked wheat but in the instant hot cereal...GRRRRR. Am I over looking it or over thinking it? Is there a different name?

Speaking of different names for things....What other name would a flat iron steak have? I know T-bones and Porter house are one and the same, and since I can't find flat iron steaks it would have another name too, right?

TY for any help...

Re: Help..2 questions...Please

You probably need to go to a store that sells flour, grains etc in bulk bins. Like maybe Whole Foods, or Wild Oats which is Henry's in Southern Calif. Go to their website to see if a store near you. I'm sure you can order the flour from King Arthur flour company. I get emails from them all the time.

I've heard of flat steak but it is not sold here under that name. I bet your grocery store butcher could tell you.

Ann

Comment

Thanks, I found it online at King Arthur...2 lb. bag of cracked wheat for about $5..My little town must not have need for it...lol..Also found a harvest grain blend I want to try!! And a sourdough crock and starter...hehe. DH will roll his eyes.

Comment

bulgur and cracked wheat are the same. I buy cracked wheat in the oatmeal section of my grocery store. Just remember, it is high in fiber, .... if you know what I mean.
        A man of words and not of deeds, is like a garden full of weeds.

Comment

Flat iron steak also known as top blade roast, shoulder top roast, top boneless chuck... to name a few.

source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_iron_steak

Comment

TY....TY...TY Hunebe!! I could just give you a kiss..LOL Thank-you!

Comment

We actually had "flat iron" steaks in one of our ads a couple of weeks ago. I just glanced at the ad but it looked like a steak not a roast. It looked like a cross between a round steak and maybe a skirt steak. Do they cut them into steak size? I am thinking that it is not a grilling steak? So, what are you wanting to do with the flat iron steak?
              Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Cindy my SIL told me I just "had" to try them. They are her favorite steaks and not expensive. They live out of state or I would have her tell me where she buys them. I have not found them here in stores so I knew I could count on the good people here at CK to help me out!

Comment

our heb stores have flat iron steaks, i like them,i usually cook them in my nu wave oven and they come out great.

Comment

Maybe I will have to pick a couple up next time they go on sale. Wht the heck is a Nu wave oven? Is Nu making things for you and not sharing with the rest of us Tx.????!
                    Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Rachel Ray had them on FN on her show today. She said they were "the best of the chuck" with good marbled fat. She had them as steaks too.

Comment

Working...
                      X