Paternity testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paternity testing

Does the baby have to be born to determine paternity? Or is there (non-invasive) testing that can be done during pregnancy?

Just curious...
    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Re: Paternity testing

It can be done.
    http://pregnancy.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Prenatal_Paternity_Test

Comment

Yea, that looks invasive...

Comment

I Don't Know How They Would Do It Unless It Would Be Invasive. Amniocentesis/cord Blood Testing.

Comment

That's what I thought... thanks. The son of a friend broke up w/ his girlfriend after a 9 year relationship and their very last "fling" may end up making him a father. His mother, my friend and also a nurse, keeps saying, "Why NOW does her birth control fail when it's worked for 9 years??"

I said to her, "Do you really need to ask yourself that question when she's been calling you for months asking how she can get your son back?? The question you should probably be asking your SON is 'Why would you trust her birth control at all and not use a condom if you had to have one last fling???'"

Comment

SOUNDS LIKE MY DS AND DIL! BEFORE THEY GOT MARRIED, WAS TOGETHER 6 YRS, NO PREGNANCIES, HE MOVED IN JANUARY FIRST. SHE HOUNDED HIM LETS GET A HOUSE, THEY MOVED IN NEW HOUSE END OF APRIL, THEN IT WAS LETS GET MARRIED, LETS GET MARRIED. THEY PLANED A MAY WEDDING, 2 WKS BEFORE DATE SHE TOLD HIM SHE WAS PREGNANT, AND IT "MAY NOT BE HIS" UNFORTUNATELY BUT FORTUNATELY (ONE OF THOSE MIXED BLESSINGS) SHE MISCARRIED. WASN'T THE BABY'S FAULT MOM IS A SLUT! ANYWAY, HE STAYED WITH THE BIT*H, BEEN MARRIED 2 YRS NOW. GS IS 13 MOS, LOOKS TOO MUCH LIKE DS TO EVEN THINK IT WAS SOMEONE ELSES.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT GOES THROUGH THESE GIRLS AND GUY'S MINDS ANYMORE!

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
              I DON'T KNOW WHAT GOES THROUGH THESE GIRLS AND GUY'S MINDS ANYMORE!
              SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!

Comment

I Just Asked One Of The Docs. He Verified, Only Way To Do It Is After Baby's Born, No One Is Going To Do Amniocentesis Just For Paternity, Too Risky.

Comment

Men are so stupid sometimes. My daughter has a BIL who has gone through several marriages and relationships etc. One girl he dated told him she was pregnant, and he just accepted it. Did not go for an DNA test, nothing. Claimed he could't afford the DNA test, hello, so he wound up paying child support for several years. I ask you does that make sense ?? If it was his kid, yes, of course he needed to pay, but for heavens sake first find out if it is YOURS ! Well, the girl finally married someone else, who adopted the boy and he is off the hook. Can we look up idiot in the dictionary and see his picture ? I think so. Men

Comment

Well, there is a person in DD's new extended family, who has a daughter. This person and his ex both have brown eyes. Daughter has blue.....hmmmmm. And he is paying child support.

I think, that if the couple gets back together (for love not because of a pregnancy) paternity testing can do more harm than good. But if it comes to a point of having to pay child support, then absolutely insist on a test.
                    Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Both sexes are stupid when hormones and testosterone is involved.

Eye color makes no difference. It can go back generations. My biological dad did not believe my brother was his son because he had brown eyes and my brother had blue. Back in the 60's people actually believed that brown was dominant over blue. Were they ever wrong!
                      Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

My cousin has two kids that are red headed. There are no red heads on either side of the family. Her dh was adamant that they weren't his kids so they had blood tests and dna done and He Is The Father. She hasn't let him live that down either.

Comment

DD & SIL Had a beautiful Baby girl with the prettiest blue eyes! Both of the parents have very dark brown eyes! It can come through the generations! The little girl is spitting image of her Daddy!
                          Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Working...
                          X