Menopause Dialogues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menopause Dialogues

Those too young or of the wrong gender, you can just SOB!
    A question for those who have gone thru or going thru menopause:
    Did you notice a difference in your hair? Mines not falling out but seems really dull & lifeless. I'm having the hot flashes both nite & day but they are tolerable & don't last too long.
    Please share your experiences.

Re: Menopause Dialogues

Hot flashes for a while... they're so WEIRD.

I've not noticed much else, but at 55, I've begun to notice gray hair (yea, I know... tell me to SHUT up) at my temples that I'm NOT fond of.

I NEVER complained about my "monthly." It was never so bad that I preferred menopause!! And I don't believe I've seen HALF the symptoms others feel!!
    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

My hair has gotten thinner. And my hot flashes suck in the summer.. I sure don't mind them in the winter tho.

Comment

hot flashes, hair loss and an increased ability to break into tears for no obvious reason.

Comment

Originally posted by jackibowen View Post
          hot flashes, hair loss and an increased ability to break into tears for no obvious reason.
          Had all these symptoms about 10 years ago. Antidepressants helped a little....especially Wellbutrin, for me. I am so thankful I'm through all this nonsense!

I have a 38 year old daughter that I suspect is in the throws of menopause! She screams at her kids all day, henpecks her DH & hates me forever (so she claims.) It's a tough time for those that are close to her.
          "WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Comment

Kris, haven't gotten to the menopause stage, yet! but, Have you had your thyroid checked? Those signs can be hypothyroid also.

Comment

my hair got thinner and darker. I used to have golden blond hair, now it is dishwater blond....with reddish undertones

Comment

Originally posted by AllieK View Post
                my hair got thinner and darker. I used to have golden blond hair, now it is dishwater blond....with reddish undertones
                Mine's the same way, not so much red, but dishwater blond and I use to be a white headed it was so blond. Of course, I was out in the sun all the time as a kid! lol

Comment

I'm 52 & the periods have stopped for a couple of months & the hot flashes started in. Also getting the extra "pudding" around my middle that I never used to have. So far no leg cramps or trouble sleeping like some women have. Only sleep problem is when the hot flashes wake me up!

Comment

Gosh!! I started with having such heavy bleeding, I couldn't hardly change my pads fast enough. I went through that for at least 2 years. Night sweats/hot flashes. I couldn't sleep with covers--barely a sheet even in the winter. Jacki--I have always been emotional but nothing like now. It didn't occur to me that it was related to the menopause. I think I'm pretty much finished with all of it now

Comment

I found that Black Cohosh really helped me, since I was not a candidate for HRT. I found these wraps that you put in water and kept in the fridge, when I was really flashing, I put one around my neck and that helped some. But, in public, you just have to sit there and sweat! It is nasty and so glad that for the most part, they are over for me. Hair not affected. Mood swings were helped by the BC, too!
                      A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.

Comment

Looking back I really didn't have too hard a time of it. Some hot flashes, a period after 11 months (that was freaky). Loss of hair is what I hate the most. I used to have such thick hair and now I joke I'm getting male pattern baldness and I'm certainly not a male LOL.

Comment

It's a bi**h, went threw it at 45yrs. Yep got a period once every 3 months then twice a yr. then once a yr. Last one was 4th of July, yep I went out with a bang. My mood swings were so bad, DH told me to go to Dr. for happy pills. I hate pills. I didn't go, a friend decided to go for hormone pills, she got breast cancer I can't say but still think those pills did something, she died. I stuck it out, yes, you hate everyone. Night sweats but it has been 10yrs later & I still get night sweats, maybe because the a/c is not as cold as I like it, DH freezes with the ceiling fan on. I don't care. I need air. I think I am done but I need fan & a/c on all the time, it has been 10yrs. I can't wear flannel pj's or anything hot. I do live in Az. so guess that may be part of it. I should be done by now. Good luck & I know those mood swings. You want to rip off someone's face. I know, DH still has his face but told him threw out all this get away from me. I was never that mean in my life. I was a real bi**h, and I am not that kind of person.

Comment

I am going through it now. Yes my hair has thinned too. I use to have long thick brown hair and it is not much there these days. I started noticing about 5 years ago that the amount of hair coming off my brush and in my tub when I bathed was increasing. Of course the not so intelligent doctors here say there is nothing wrong with me; I am not going through menopause because I am just far too young. That was when I was around 35 or so now I am 42 still doing the night sweats and mood swings. Periods are either super heavy or very light. I can't wait to be skipping a few. I also noticed my bladder muscles are weaker. I spring leaks when I never did before. I don't even think about going anywhere without first going potty. Asked my doctor if they could give me something for it. She told me no. When i was in the hospital they put me on a pill for high blood pressure and a diaretic. So now I pee more than ever. I had a bad problem with swelling in my feet. They removed 20 lbs of water I was holding from the time I went into the hospital to the first doctors appointment after (1 week). They want me to pee as much as I can so I have taken stock in pads cause they are cheaper than the bladder control ones. Got to save a buck where I can. I can't wait until this is all over.

Debbie
                            Never regret something because at one point it was exactly what you wanted!

Comment

Oh Milky, you are so funny. You may be going threw the pre menapause, and that is bad too. Do you get hairs on you chin??? That is a sign too. I called my girlfriend I was 45yrs and never thought this, I thought I had cancer or something. she laughed & told me. I thought you had to be older to get this. Good news for me, I can travel & not worry about getting a period or packing the tampons. Yeah!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X