friendship bread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• friendship bread

This type of bread has a couple differnt names,...but it is the recipe where you keep adding ingredients for a certain number of days and then dividing the starter and use some and give the rest away.
    OK the question is.....I really only want to keep enough starter to use for myself. so if I just add 1/4 the amount of sugar, flour, and milk will it keep it at the right amount for just 1 use each time. Not sure if wording this right so hope you get what I mean.
    It does make a very tasty bread/coffee cake .
    Thanks for any help...Anne

Re: friendship bread

I understand what you are trying to do, but think that this will mess up the recipe. Good luck and let me know if it works for you.
    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Re: friendship bread

This was posted on here awhile back. I've tried it, and think it's basically the same without messing with the starter. Still makes a yummy, moist bread or coffeecake! And, you wouldn't have to worry with the extra starter.

Posted by Sewcute:

I have "re-worked" the recipe to taste the same without all the wait! I hope you like it:

Amish Friendship Bread
      3 1/3c flour
      2 1/3c sugar
      1 1/3c milk
      1c oil
      4 eggs
      1/2t salt
      2t Baking powder
      1 sm box vanilla pudding
      1t Vanilla
      4T cinnamon
      Sift together dry ingred. Mix wet ingred in another bowl. Combine. Pour into 2 greased loaf pans. Bake in preheated oven at 350 for 55mins. *NOTE: for apple cinnamon bread: I add 2 apples, peeled, cored, diced. Bake as above. Makes 2 loaves.

Comment

Working...
      X