Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is your cat fussy about his or her litter box..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is your cat fussy about his or her litter box..

my cat gets very angry if her box isn't clean or low on litter..if she's unhappy she'll start tinkling in the bathroom sink...so yesterday i caught her in the sink..i went to her litter box and notice a few poops and the litter was low..so i cleaned her box and added more litter..when i was finished she ran to her box and tinkled.

Re: is your cat fussy about his or her litter box..

Oh, yes, especially our Tigger. If the litter box as any poop in it or is not clean, she will go on the bathroom rug instead of in the box. I have to keep it fresh all the time.
    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

Mine are/were not fussy about the litter. However, I keep the box in the bathroom so clean it out whenever I am visiting the facility. However, I knew something was wrong with a cat if I found them going elsewhere.

Trembley started to use the bathtub just before he got really sick and died and once used the livingroom floor (hardwood fortunately) to defecate.

Comment

We put newspaper under the box, and my one cat, used to tear it up and throw it in there, or,, would drag the dirty laundry, especially socks and throw them in there. He had "a thing" for socks

Comment

The kitty I have left doesn't really know litterbox etiquette - she was never taught. She just scratches all around, on the top of the litter box, the rug beside it, etc. She never scratches the litter itself to cover over what she's done (unfortunately)

Comment

I dont know if this is a litter issue, but my "Ho" cat would follow me to the bathroom, as cats do, but would jump in the tub and pee on the drain. I put a roasting pan on the floor in the kitchen or a dish pan, and they would poop in it.
            The cat I have now, will poop on my pink bathroom throw rug. We put it in the living room to see if it was the bathroom or the rug. Its the rug. He hates it. He pooped on it. We put it in the basement, he pooped on it. Then, my mom as this red red red throw rug, I put that in the bathroom, thinking he hates the pink one... he pooped on it. So, I dont have any bathroom throw rugs anymore

Comment

My companions are purrrfect with their bathroom habits. I consider myself very lucky. On BB10 last night, the HOH has a picture of her cat using the toilet. I have heard of this in media but never from anyone who has had a cat that did so. Does anyone know of such a real life flusher?

Comment

I have seen the kits where you can train your cats to use the toilet.. Grrrrrrrr cant remember where, but you might be able to find it on Google

Comment

Originally posted by night-angel View Post
                  My companions are purrrfect with their bathroom habits. I consider myself very lucky. On BB10 last night, the HOH has a picture of her cat using the toilet. I have heard of this in media but never from anyone who has had a cat that did so. Does anyone know of such a real life flusher?
                  Ha ha... I'm reminded of the person on some show who had a HORRENDOUS water usage bill and they showed her cat flushing the toilet and watching the water swirl and drain... she just kept flushing and flushing and flushing... haha.
                  "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Luvs, I remember that! They put a Video up and found out it was the silly cat!

Comment

We have the automatic litter box so it pretty much stays clean. When my dear Miss Kitty got sick a couple of years back she went on the floor a few times. We knew something wasn't right because she had never done that before and she died within the week
                      Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

I was going to get one of those Automated boxes, but my cats are too big. DH "gags" when he changes the box.

Comment

Needers- buy the >$100 automatic litter-maid boxes knowing that they break easy. Each of mine lasted less they 6 mo before the motor burned out. I went online and bought the repair book ($14) which was a little too complicated for me. Since, I went to wall-mart and bought the 'sifter' cat pans($20). 4 pieces-, bottom, sifter pan, top cover, and 2nd bottom pan. All you have to do is lift the sifter pan out, dump it, put the sifter in the extra bottom and pour the sifted litter into the new pan. My companions love it. Initially, I had both the litter-maid electric one and one of these available for use, they choose the sifter box.

Comment

we have a black cat at work,hes good with a litter box,but very picky about food,we give him dry food,hes put outside at night and in the morning when hes let in he wont eat till new food is put in the dish,and there was one manager that hated cats,and walter would crap all over his office anytime he got a chance,no where else,just that jerks office, lol

Comment

My cats aren't particular either about their litter box. It's just that sometimes the youngest will forget and pee on the bed. That is the only thing I can think of is that he is in such a deep slumber that he will just pee on the bed. It makes me furious. He also doesn't cover his poop when he goes. GROSS!! I just buy cheapie litter, I like what they have at Target, and change twice a week. I have 2 big litter boxes with the hood on top.

Comment

Working...
                              X