Randy Pausch has died...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy Pausch has died...

He is the professor who wrote the last lecture for his children. Such an awesome person. He taught many people how to live their lives to the fullest. Rest in peach, Randy.

Here are some excerpts FROM RANDY PAUSCH'S 'LAST LECTURE'

-Never underestimate the importance of having fun. I'm dying and I'm having fun. And I'm going to keep having fun every day because there's no other way to play it.

-Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

-No one is pure evil. Find the best in everybody. Wait long enough and people will surprise and impress you.

-Brick walls are there for a reason. They are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop people who don't want it badly enough.

-It is not about achieving your dreams but living your life. If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you.

-We can't change the cards we're dealt, just how we play the hand. If I'm not as depressed as you think I should be, I'm sorry to disappoint you.

Read more about his life at this link...
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2008-07-25-pausch-obit_N.htm?csp=34
    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Re: Randy Pausch has died...

Aww So sad!! RIP Dear Fellow!
    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

RIP indeed. An incredible man with an incredible attitude.

Comment

I'm sure you've all seen his video of the lecture, but I highly recommend the book if you haven't read it. It's wonderful. Here is the link for the lecture in case you haven't seen it. You should take the time to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwO7EnM0zWM

Comment

Originally posted by mew View Post
          RIP indeed. An incredible man with an incredible attitude.
          This is the first I have heard of this and I am incredibly bummed, what a inspiration he was to listen to his attitude was better than most people I have ever known including myself, I pray that he has found peace and I know he will be with his wife and kids in spirit ....RIP Randy

Comment

Followed his blog about 3 months ago.- He was an inspiration-in so many ways. Has anyone actually read his book, in print??

Comment

i dont want to admit it but i watched him give the lecture on oprah, and i was impressed,im sad he passed away,he had a great outlook on life.

Comment

Originally posted by wobin View Post
                Followed his blog about 3 months ago.- He was an inspiration-in so many ways. Has anyone actually read his book, in print??
                Yes, I read it, Robin. I highly recommend it to everyone. It's awesome.

Comment

I read this thread and put his book on my Christmas list...I recieved it and just finished reading it last night...it was so good I read it all in 2 nights...I'm going to read it again.....what an amazing man and a wonderful book!

Comment

I too watched him on oprah, and some of the other shows that had him on. i think it was dateline. I was very inspired by his outlook and his thoughts on how to live your life. I definitely want to get his book.

so sad that has passed.

dragun

Comment

I watched his speach on Youtube, my father sent it to me to watch. It was very inspiring. I also have his book, which was a great read. I visited his blog during his last few months, it was neat that he never slowed down and kept positive. Im sure his family misses him a bunch but also are better for knowing him. What a neat guy!
                      www.perfectlyposh/510sigpic

Comment

I had put his book on my "to read" list after seeing the thread about it here. I didn't realize how young he was until I just read the link Bette posted. How sad!
                        Moderation. Small helpings. Sample a little bit of everything. These are the secrets of happiness and good health. ~ Julia Child

Comment

And the children are 2, 5, and 7 I believe....sooooo sad!!

Comment

Why do the precious have to die so soon? God be with his family. He was and will always be one in a million of a man.

Comment

Originally posted by ConnieP View Post
                              Why do the precious have to die so soon? God be with his family. He was and will always be one in a million of a man.
                              God has his reasons for everything which we don't know. Some day we will understand.
                              Randy has left a legacy, and helped millions of people with his dignified example of dieing.

Comment

Working...
                              X