Laundry Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laundry Help?

I know someone here will help me, cause you always have in the past. Here goes, i have STINKY towels!!!! No matter what i do they stink, i use downy and fab sheets and they still stink. What else is there? Help please

TIA
    LMK

P.S. By stink i mean a musty kinda smell, even right out of the dryer
    I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Re: Laundry Help?

Try using a couple cups of vinegar to take out the stink

Comment

I agree with Rube. Vinegar. They must not have dried all the way and gotten musty or moldy. Might try Borax. Also, try drying in the sun - after trying vinegar or borax. Good luck.

Comment

Are they gonna smell like vinegar? They feel dry enough, but maybe there not. Thanks

LMK
        I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Comment

downy is a cover up. it doesn't clean the stinch.

what laundry soap are you using?? something strong?

i had my kid find an old wet towel in their room, i washed it and nothing, so i washed it in tide with bleach, it helped then i used oxy clean. don't know if it was the oxy, or if it was the second wash run.

musty towels are horrible. i feel for you, been there, and will prolly be there again lol.
          I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Man oh man! I have this prob everytime the weather gets hot and humid~NOW! I try to get my kids to hang up their bath towels on the line after each shower but, someone always forgets. I've tried the vinegar and, it does help. Drying in the dryer helps too. I use Downy softener and, it seems to work the best to get the smell out. My towels smelt so bad at one time that I was going to throw them all in the trash! It is an on-going problem here for me in the summer.

Oh! Just thought! there is a product you can buy to wash sports stuff in,,,can't think of the name but, there must be many out there. It took the stench outta my son's hockey equipment,,,maybe we can try this for our towels????
            Last edited by MudderBear; 07-25-2008, 08:08 PM.
            A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Are you drying them for a long time in the dryer? Some peoples driers are too hot. Sometimes you get that slightly burnt smell.

Comment

Maybe they're not drying long enough? I use downey and fabric sheets on mine and they always smell like downey... Even when they set long in my linen closet.

Comment

i would try baking soda. I have had lots of luck with that. I washed my car mats one winter when they were wet from the snow and they started stinking. The first time I washed with just laundry detergent and they still smelled. The second time, I used baking soda, a friend told me, and it worked. No more smell.

Comment

If you decide to use white vinegar, it doesn't make the towels smell like vinegar after they're dry. I had some towels that were stinky because they had sat wet in a clothes basket for a few days with no-one putting them through the dryer. I added some colour-safe bleach and they were fine.

Good luck with them.
                    I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Working...
                    X