• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFO's?

Moon-walker claims alien contact cover-up
    July 24, 2008 12:01am
    Article from: Font size: + -
    Send this article: Print Email
    FORMER NASA astronaut and moon-walker Dr Edgar Mitchell - a veteran of the Apollo 14 mission - has stunningly claimed aliens exist.

And he says extra-terrestrials have visited Earth on several occasions - but the alien contact has been repeatedly covered up by governments for six decades.

Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as 'little people who look strange to us.'

He said supposedly real-life ET's were similar to the traditional image of a small frame, large eyes and head.

Chillingly, he claimed our technology is "not nearly as sophisticated" as theirs and "had they been hostile", he warned "we would be been gone by now".

Dr Mitchell, along with with Apollo 14 commander Alan Shepard, holds the record for the longest ever moon walk, at nine hours and 17 minutes following their 1971 mission.

"I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real," Dr Mitchell said.

"It's been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so, but slowly it's leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it.

"I've been in military and intelligence circles, who know that beneath the surface of what has been public knowledge, yes - we have been visited. Reading the papers recently, it's been happening quite a bit."

Dr Mitchell, who has a Bachelor of Science degree in aeronautical engineering and a Doctor of Science degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics claimed Roswell was real and similar alien visits continue to be investigated.

He told the astonished Kerrang! radio host Nick Margerrison: "This is really starting to open up. I think we're headed for real disclosure and some serious organisations are moving in that direction."

Mr Margerrison said: "I thought I'd stumbled on some sort of astronaut humour but he was absolutely serious that aliens are definitely out there and there's no debating it."

Officials from NASA, however, were quick to play the comments down.

In a statement, a spokesman said: "NASA does not track UFOs. NASA is not involved in any sort of cover up about alien life on this planet or anywhere in the universe.

'Dr Mitchell is a great American, but we do not share his opinions on this issue.'

Re: UFO's?

I read that earlier. I think theres ALOT we don't know about!

Comment

My brother is retired air force and he was pretty high up and I can't get him to tell me what he knows. All he'll say is that I don't want to know and he'd have to kill me. And he's not kidding.

Comment

Az. has unexplained things going on and a few months ago there were 4 lights in the sky, DD saw it with her b/f. Everyone calling in to Gov. no plans of testing anything,some guy said he had healium balloons tied to car flares. So he was in the news, well, not true, all 4 lights we perfect centered in the sky. Blew him as a fraud. It would be impossible to have them all centered in that way. Airport was normal so no one can explain it and a few yrs ago (not living here at the time) other lights were there too. Gov. couldn't cover it up because everyone was calling the news, police, Gov. & airports and no answer to it. Oh theres stuff that goes on that we don't know about. Seems Az. gets weird lights and happens at certain times. Aliens must like the desert.

Comment

All I know is that my older brother and cousins had seen a ufo aircraft hovering over telephone lines in Arkansas when we were young. My Brother is a no nonsense kinda guy & I believe him. I wish the Government didn't cover up so much, don't you? Have you ever thought about how the truth always comes out after 20-50 years later? Interesting....Very Interesting........
          Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

I saw one with a friend of mine in 91'....all my friends thought I was full of it till my friend backed up my story...lol
            "Copykat Chat Forums" on Facebook, look it up!

E-Foo

Comment

I heard him talk about on TV. My question why wait this long to talk about it? Makes me wonder if he is writing a book ??

Comment

i know neil armstrong will not do interviews or talk about ufo's,i guess the gov. thinks were all stupid,i dont think many people would freak out if they came out with it,my mother and i saw one when i was in the 5th grade, a few other people saw it too,there was a paragragh in our paper about it, nothing else.

Comment

With thousands of sightings reported each year, you would think we're surrounded.. If the government knows about them and is covering up, then I'm really mad - I want new technology now, dammit.. oh, maybe some intergalactic recipes, too, lol..

And all the abductees? No wonder they return them back to us, those people are nuts, lol..

Comment

There are no UFO's. Governments can't hide anything, so to think that they have done such a wonderful job of covering Aliens up is just way out there in my humble opinion.
                    Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

sabine, the guy is 70 something years old, he has nothing to lose at that age,he may be writing a book, who knows.and cindy, theyve done a lousy job covering it up,people all over the world have seen them,theres alot of fakes,but ive seen one,my next thread may be bigfoot, lol

Comment

I don't know if there are ufo's or not, personally I have never seen anything remotely like a UFO. I just always wonder how come nobody has seen one hovering over a big city like NY, it's always out somewhere in nowhere land. Usually no witnesses.
                        LOL Tx, yes, bigfoot is next and then the Nochless Monster ( sorry sp ?)

Comment

MUAHHHH Sabine~~~!!!!!

Comment

You guys are just so funny!
                            Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ummm....reason why UFO's seem to be noticed in less populated areas would probably be less light polution, don't you think?? And maybe they are telepathic and the huge amount of thought polution in urban areas bothers them. Just my two cents worth.
                              Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Working...
                              X