Sharpening Knifes???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharpening Knifes???

I can't find anyone to sharpen my kitchen knifes. Does anyone own a sharpener and If so what kind.. Any input would be helpful...

Thanks in Advance
    Food Gal

Re: Sharpening Knifes???

The meat department in our grocery stores sharpen them free. Have you tried yours yet?

Comment

I have a small hand held one from Pampered Chef.....love it !!! It really does a good job.

Comment

Be careful sharpening knives, I remember when I was a child, Dad was sharpening a knife for my mom, and it slipped and he cut his finger bad. Hopefully they have better sharpeners now.

Comment

well most electric can openers have one on the side, most folks forget about that one. knife steel-10-15 bucks, at sporting good shops will have a ton of different ones, I think they start around 4-5 bucks and go up from there.
          "Copykat Chat Forums" on Facebook, look it up!

E-Foo

Comment

I have a "steele" ????? Is that what it is called? I use it on my knives on a regular basis and it works great. I love to know I can sharpen my knives as I need them

Comment

When I can't find my knife sharpener (frequently) I'll use the base of a porcelain or ceramic mug. Just run the knife several times (both sides obviously) over the course base of the mug and it sharpens it really well.

Comment

If you have a good kitchenware store in your town, ask there. Stores that sell good cutlery usually know where to get them sharpened, and sometimes they even bring someone in once or twice a year to serve their customers. Or check with the local restaurant equipment store.

Comment

Originally posted by MissKise View Post
                  I have a "steele" ????? Is that what it is called? I use it on my knives on a regular basis and it works great. I love to know I can sharpen my knives as I need them
                  Me too. I use it all the time.
                  "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

I use pampered chefs also...works great. And I think you "HOANE" them.
                    BTW - did you know you can keep kitchen shears sharp by using them to cut a peice of tin-foil (aluminum foil)?

Comment

Working...
                    X