Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MissKise... California fires

Are you affected by the fires?
    I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Re: MissKise... California fires

most of the fires right now are up north. A HUGE one started this weekend right outside Yosemite, which is really sad. It is such an awesome place, and so unique.

We have had some fires down south, but none like the fire storms we have had a few years ago.........KNOCK ON WOOD!!!!!!

We have a lot of dry, dead wood in the forests around us, that is ready to go up with a lightening strike or crazy person. And we have had a lot of lightening strikes lately due to the afternoon storms.

So far, we are doing ok.

Thanks for asking! And you need to plan a visit here soon.............

love and hugs to you and the family.

Comment

Our middle son and family live in Mariposa outside Yosemite, fire is now 7 miles west of them. We are hopeful it will be contained and miss them.

Comment

I'm relieved that you're ok and will pray that no idiots set fire to the forest.

My friend, you will be first on my next visiting list but I'm not sure when that will be. It might take me a couple or more years to save up enough frequent flyer points to make another trip away. You know the saying... it won't happen overnight but it *will* happen...

I'm so excited... only two more sleeps until my Mum moves into her new nursing home... I really hope she settles there. I went to see her today and was huddled up on her bed telling me it was a police station and she was in jail. It's heartbreaking to see her so upset and scared. Hopefully that kind of thing will be in the past once she gets to Trinity Garden.
        I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

hi, Joanne... that's close enough to be scary. I hope they'll be ok

Comment

Joanne
            Here is a link with up to date fire coverage.

http://www.goldrushcam.com/

edited to add another site

http://firefighterblog.blogspot.com/
            Last edited by wobin; 07-28-2008, 12:37 PM.

Comment

There aren't any close by me yet, and I pray there won't be this year. We've had some really bad ones in our local mountains in recent years. God bless the firefighters!
              Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

Thanks Wobin. Have check out the sites and our kids are in the BootJack area.

Comment

Working...
                X