Girl Scout Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girl Scout Camp

My DD is at GS camp. We took her yesterday. I have not been away from her for more than a weekend her entire life. My big concern is the weather. We are having a mass heat wave here. It has been over 100 for days, add the heat index and it is dangerously hot. When we got to her camp it was miserable in her little tiny "un-airconditioned" lodge. They had a few fans set up, but they were not one bit of help in there. I just hope they are smart enough to keep the girls drinking lots of water and keeping them either in the pool or in the big lodge that is air conditioned as much as possible.

Thanks for letting me vent. I am missing her already. I just don't know what I am going to do all week without her
    Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Re: Girl Scout Camp

Oh Cindy! Bless your heart! She will be fine! I know that feeling that you are having. We will just have to keep you busy. I am sure that The Girl Scout leaders will do the right things to keep her hydrated and healthy. She is probably having the time of her life right now. It is very hot summer this year, and I do understand your fears. It will be allright Hun, you will see. (((((Big Hugs)))))
    Last edited by TexAnn; 07-28-2008, 08:13 AM.
    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

I remember when we took our two older sons to wrestling, no air conditioning there either. It was about 3 hours from home, and I think I cried about 1/2 way home. I was lucky and I still had 1 son that was home and we went to movies, McDonalds, etc. I pampered him. It is good that your daughter went away for a few days, it helps prepare your heart for when they leave for college, or get married. Take it from one who knows. When my youngest son moved out on his own this past winter, I cried, but my DH said at least I was not breaking from tradition, because I do it each time.

Comment

Cindy she will be just fine. My granddaughter , 14 years old, just got back home from a mission trip to Durango Colorado, without big sister , without her parents , and yes, without her grandma, that would be me ! She had a blast and came home safe and sound. My daughter used to go to girl scout camp and loved it. I know you are worried , but they have camp counselors, and usually they have a nurse on site.
        ((( Cindy ))) I believe you still have your son at home with you right ? So take this time and do some one on one stuff with him, stuff that he likes to do. It will be fine.

Comment

Cindy, when I was a kid we didnt even have air-conditioning in my house until I was a teenager, and it often was 100 degrees or more outside. Was thinking about it the other day. We slept with fans on. But we had so much fun as kids I dont think we ever really noticed the heat. I'll bet shes having so much fun that the heat wont bother her at all.

Comment

i think the counclers are smart enough to make sure they get plenty of water.
            i grew up in camps during the summer, in south louisiana, it was always just as hot, we swam and did crafts indoors, water sports, as kids we didn't notice it being as hot.
            she'll have a blast and meet new friends time will fly for her.

My son was gone almost 3 weeks at 13, that was brutal. he went to canada.
            my daughter 16 was at a mission trip for 13 days, that was brutal as well.

my best childhood memories are with the camps i went too
            I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

I know you are all right and I thank you for trying to calm my nerves. I know that she is in very capable hands. They are just not my hands I totally trust them 100% with her. I just miss her. I know she is having a great time meeting new girls and learning new things.

I grew up going to camp in Houston so I completely understand and I would not trade any of those memories either. Cotton, I remember going to my grandmas house and it would get so hot that we would all pile up on the front porch where we could feel the breeze and sleep. Those were the days

Sabine, I forgot to say that yes I do still have my Michael here with me I took him to lunch today and then we went to Wal-Mart and he had a blast having me all to himself and I really enjoyed just being with him. Tomorrow we are going to a friends for pizza and swimming.
              Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
              X