Hi All...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi All...

DH, kids and I went away for the weekend hoping to get away from the "waiting for the phone call" syndrome. Turns out we had a different call came thru...my aunt had passed away un-expectedly on Saturday they think from a heart attack. I now have family members flying in from all over the country for a wake/funeral on Wednesday/Thursday.

Meanwhile DH's grandmother is hanging on, 8days in a coma without an IV or any "device" (MIL's wishes). DH HAD to take this business trip to Denver (5am this morning), because he cancelled it LAST week thinking we would get "the call". Now he wont land till LATE Wednesday, and I'm not sure I'll make the funeral because I have no one to watch the kids...

When life rains..........it POURS

Re: Hi All...

((((((sewcute))))) Waiting Is The Worst!! No Matter What Your Waiting For.

Prayers And Thoughts Are With You!

Comment

Sending prayers your way. Sorry for the loss of your Aunt. I guess grandma is a fighter to keep handing on.
      "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

Thank you.
        Strange week we are having here. I still sent DD to cheerleading camp, because I just wasnt sure what to do. Things are just plain WEIRD around here.

I wasnt that close with the aunt that passed...she was my fathers only sibling and my father passed away when I was 6. We had remained in contact and would see each other at weddings and such...but that was really it. I was just shocked becuase we were waiting on the "other call" so to speak.

Comment

Sorry, Sew. Things do seem to happen in clusters. Just do what you can and try not to stress out.

Comment

So very sorry to hear that Hun. You are in my prayers. One day at a time.....
            Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Prayers to you and your entire family.

Comment

Sorry for your loss... You're right, when it rains, it does pour..

Comment

oh wow...well you always have friends to talk to here.

my prayers go out to you and your family.
                  When my day goes downhill and I start to feel upset, my thoughts turned to chocolate gifts and everything turns out ok.

Comment

Thank you all...still hasnt fully sunk in yet I guess.
                    GMIL is still with us, 9days with no food-liquid-or even IV. I wouldnt have done itthat way...but it's my MIL's wishes.

Comment

I'm so sorry Sewcute. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Comment

GMIL is on day 11 in a coma...no IV (MIL's wishes).
                        I had the hospice nurse put the phone to GM's ear to hear my DS say "NANNY...POTTY!!!" I thought GMIL would like to (and maybe could) hear her GREAT grandson's voice, that he is potty training and doing well. I was hoping it would be fast for her sack...but this just seems so cruel and inhuman.

Comment

Not to make light of your situation, sewcute... but my dad was in the same situation as your GMIL. They told us that no one lives past 14 days in that state. On day 17, I sat w/ my Dad laughing, "You never DID follow the rules, did you Dad???"

Heartfelt prayers your way!!
                          "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

She's 98 Luvs...I do not take offense AT ALL! I need to lighten up a little...It helps coming here

I just cant help but think she wasnt ready. I just cant help but think maybe it was the change in her meds. I just cant help but think she didnt finish something...her heart is still beating so strong!

Sadly she is not "MY" GM...I have no say.

Comment

Hi peeps...
                              GMIL passed away yesterday morning, sadly I was an hour and a half away at the funeral of my aunt who had passed un-expectedly on Saturday.
                              MIL and BIL are on the way here today, services will be burial side only on Sunday. DD (9yo) is not dealing well, and craps already started about that (MIL crap that is).
                              I am sad...but she was 98! She lived a good life, got to see 2 grandchildren and 2 GREAT grandchildren (mine).

THANK YOU ALL for your kind words and hugs...I really appreciate the support I get from this site!!! It's my dirty little secret

Comment

Working...
                              X