I am so excited!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am so excited!!

My sweet DH called me at work and asked me to meet him at home for lunch today, when I got there he had this waiting for me!

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/sku5851795/index.cfm?pkey=cctlout&ckey=ctlout

I absolutely can NOT wait to get home this afternoon and try it out!
    I think I am going to make the Sausage & Caramelized onion pizzas tonight!

Believe me I had to thank him properly before coming back to work!!

Thanks for letting me share!

Re: I am so excited!!

Wow - I've never seen any thing like that. I want one.

However, I think you should make the zucchini and basil pizza first though.

Comment

WOW!!! I know someone who's getting lucky tonight....again! lol

I want one. Can I borrow your DH a night???

Comment

It is the neatest thing! I had never seen one either. My DH still keeps in touch with his college room mate and he is an Area Manager with Williams-Sonoma and he got it for him (of course DH paid for it), I don't think they will even start shipping them until sometime in August. I will decide and let you know what we have! I really want to roast a chicken also! Yum!

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
          WOW!!! I know someone who's getting lucky tonight....again! lol

I want one. Can I borrow your DH a night???

Nu! I love ya girl! But I need him tonight to help me figure out how to build the fire in the stove!! HAHA! Yep I am sure we will be building another type of fire later as well!!!

Comment

ok, maybe for the weekend.

by the way I have a couple "things" I'll be sending soon for the "wedding couple" teehee!!! lol

Comment

Nu! You are the best! We are going to surprise her with the goodies at her lingerie party! We have been so busy buying this and planning that! October 11th will be here before I am ready! I have not had the time to even shop for me a dress.

Comment

Melissa - at some point you have to try this recipe I copied from Jamie Oliver's website. It looked amazing while he was roasting it in an oven similar to yours on one of his programs.

Jamie Oliver recipes Sweet cherry tomato and sausage bake recipe

There are so many things I love about this dish: it's all cooked in one tray; we're using more robust herbs like thyme, rosemary and bay with the tomatoes, which work really well; the halfroasted, half-stewed fresh tomatoes turn into a lovely rich and chunky sauce which is miles better than anything you can get if using tinned tomatoes; and we're roasting the sausages, which I think is far better than frying or grilling them. Try to buy the best fresh coarsely ground sausages you can.

Any leftovers can be chopped up and made into a wonderful chunky pasta dish, using penne or rigatoni, the next day.

2kg (approx 4.5 lb) of lovely ripe cherry tomatoes - mixed colours if you can find them
                2 sprigs each of fresh thyme, rosemary and bay
                1 tablespoon of dried oregano
                3 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
                12 good-quality Cumberland or coarse Italian pork sausages
                Extra virgin olive oil
                Balsamic vinegar
                Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 375F. Get yourself an appropriately sized roasting tray, large enough to take the tomatoes in one snug-fitting layer. Put in all your tomatoes, the herb sprigs, oregano, garlic and sausages. Drizzle well with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Toss together, then make sure the sausages are on top and pop the tray into the oven for half an hour. After this time, give it a shake and turn the sausages over. Put back into the oven for 15 to 30 minutes, depending on how golden and sticky you like your sausages.

Once it's cooked, you'll have an intense, tomatoey sauce. If it's a little too thin, lift out the sausages and place the tray on the hob to cook it down to the consistency you like - I tend to make mine quite thick - then put the sausages back in. Check the seasoning and serve either with a good-quality loaf of bread, warmed through in a low oven for 10 minutes (great for mopping up the sauce!), or with mashed potato, rice or polenta, a green salad and a nice glass of wine

Comment

Rube,
                  Yum that sounds good! I copied it to try maybe this weekend. We leave for the beach on the 3rd of August so I am going to try to use my oven several times before then! Thanks for the recipe!

Comment

There's A Thread Here Somewhere Called Pizza Pizza, I Think In Tried And True, Tons Of Pizza Recipes.

Comment

WOW! Good for you! It looks like it could be great fun. Enjoy!

Comment

Melissa - I see that you live in NC but you could still be subjected to cold weather. Because this outdoor oven is terra cotta, please do not leave it outside during freezing weather. My neighbor had a chiminera (not sure of the spelling) made out of terra cotta and if any moisture gets into the clay and then you get freezing weather - it will just crack and ruin the whole thing. Besure to read the instructions carefully on the care of this oven. I would hate to see the weather cause damage.

Comment

I was JUST looking at this in the catalog that came in today's mail. Of course, I want one... as I do most of the things in the catalog!!

Bean is the pizza queen... she has one of these ovens built in!! She'll have every recipe you ever wanted!
                          "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

How cool is that!!!

Comment

I am so FREAKIN jealous!!!!!!

BTW - is that all I have to do to get one?!?!?!?!? Sleep with YOUR husband?!?!?!!?

Comment

Working...
                              X