Traumatized at the grocery store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traumatized at the grocery store

I paid 4.99 for an artichoke! (And it wasn't even that good...)

Re: Traumatized at the grocery store

that reminds me, our grocery store has heads of cauliflower 2/$2!! I need to buy some to put in the freezer, sale goes off at close today!!! Small town, no artichokes!

Comment

$ 4.99 for one artichoke or for one pound ?? Never had a fresh artichoke.

Comment

They are about $3.00 here. I usually don't get them unless on sale for $2.50 which happens sometimes. And them I don't get that very often.

I like the steamed plain, don't need a thing on it.
        www.southernjewishprincess.com

www.funnynotslutty.com

Comment

I am tramatized every time I grocery shop now!! Our budget was 600 a mth for groceries... now we are lucky if we keep it under 800!!

Comment

Wish I could send y'all some artichokes! Ours are rarely over a dollar or so...May have been 1.29 last time I noticed them..
            Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

They are $3.99 at my Albertsons right now, and I will pay whatever I have to. I love my artichokes!
              Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

Originally posted by mommyx2 View Post
                I am tramatized every time I grocery shop now!! Our budget was 600 a mth for groceries... now we are lucky if we keep it under 800!!
                Holy cow! What are you eating, caviar??
                Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

They are very expensive for what you get but Artichokes are so yummy. I splurg about once a year and buy 4 of them. I stuff them with ham, cheese and seasoned bread crumbs, put in a water bath and cover with Hunts Tomato Sauce. I cook for about 45 minutes bathing the artichokes with the tomatoe water bath at least 2 times during cooking. YUM-O!
                  "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

Originally posted by mommyx2 View Post
                    I use to shop for 5 people with 3 of them being big eaters for $200 a month. Now I spend about $350 for 3 of us and only 1 large eater. The dollar doesn't stretch far these days but I can definately do better than that. Do you need help shopping again? I can help taught a class on it. I have some good ideas just let me know.

Debbie
                    Never regret something because at one point it was exactly what you wanted!

Comment

Fresh produce is so expensive anymore. Try to eat healthy & it costs so much. I shop once a week for grocery and look at our local ads if not a good deal then I go to Walmart. It's seems every other week Walmart or our grocery store. Trying to buy ahead & freeze it or something to save a little money. Produce is expensive, love those green bags that Debbie Meyers has seems to make it last a little longer.

Comment

I am grateful, after moving to West Palm from Texas, we found a South American fruit stand. Where Publix sells Romaine for 3.00, we get it there for 1.00. 2 weeks ago, 10 ears of corn for a dollar. Wish I could get my hankerings in sinc with mother nature, just paid [email protected] 1.oo for corn chowder!!!! L.

Comment

Originally posted by milkyway412 View Post
                          I use to shop for 5 people with 3 of them being big eaters for $200 a month. Now I spend about $350 for 3 of us and only 1 large eater. The dollar doesn't stretch far these days but I can definately do better than that. Do you need help shopping again? I can help taught a class on it. I have some good ideas just let me know.

Debbie
                          5 people and you spent only $ 200 a month on groceries, wow. I spent over $ 100 a week and we are just 2 people. I guess I better cut those steaks out. LOL

Comment

Went to get my Mom her Nanners. Was standing there just staring, should I, or shouldnt I. They were 49 cents a pound! A woman walked towards us and I could see her mouth the words "HOlyyyyyyy Sh*t!!"

Comment

Here in Ohio, I never came across cheap bing cherries or strawberries this year. Wonder how much apples are going to be this fall.

Comment

Working...
                              X