Let's talk doggie bags or take home bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk doggie bags or take home bags

Some places really do give out big portions of food, I seem not to be able to finish it all and take it home. DD loves it. I will reheat for lunch too. DH can eat. So no bag for him. Some people will not do it. If I really like the food but somehow can not finish take it home. Are you offended with this? Some people are, I just can't eat that much anymore and enjoy the food but figure I paid for it just take it home for tomorrow. Notice now resturants are giving out portion size plates, which I love and is enough. I hate those huge plates of food. I do like take it home too, kind of like getting another meal.

Re: Let's talk doggie bags or take home bags

I'm not a big eater .... at any one meal. I always take food home

Comment

It really depends on what we have. I seldom take it home just because we forget about it and it turns green like most left overs in my fridge.
      Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Under health regulations in Australia, restaurants are not allowed to allow patrons to take leftover food home. The best I can do is smuggle a steak bone home, wrapped in serviettes, for our dog.
        I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

All diets these days tell people to half their dinner portion even before they eat it and take it home. I sure DO take it home!!
          "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

I always take food home. In fact, I ask for a to-go box when I order my food. I never eat more than 3-4 oz. at a meal, so unless I just order an appetizer, there's no way I'm going to waste all that food - it's too expensive - and I can make 2-3 more meals on it. Places we eat at regularly know me, and I don't even have to ask for a box - the waitress just brings it. I also don't drink with my meal or for an hour afterward so our waitress always fixes me a big to-go glass of tea. I see no reason to be embarassed about take someting with you that you've paid for - or for asking a waitress a little favor when you always tip them.

Comment

I've paid for it. If it isn't finished then it comes home with me. Some restaurants I expect to take stuff home cause I'll eat the all-you-can-eat salad and bread sticks (if offered) and only a little of the entree.

If I visit a Crackerbarrel in the US then I'll take part of my meal home plus order another to take with me as I don't get there often. For me that will work out to 3 more meals as the portions are so large.

Comment

Like Cindy, if I take something home it just sits in the fridge until it's unrecognizable.

Comment

Oh, I always get a doggie bag--woof, woof!
                  Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

I don't take my salad home but always take the leftover entree and sides. Usually ds eats it before I get a chance to so it never goes tto waste.

Comment

If I Have Leftovers I Take Them Home With Me. More Often Dh And I Share A Meal. We Just Get An Extra Salad Or Soup And We Are Both Satisfied.
                      SHEL

Comment

We do take stuff home, restaurant serve way to big portion for most people. The only thing I don't take home is salads. They just don't keep. But most other stuff is good for another meal, snack whatever. I stop eating when I feel full, I don't care how much is left on my plate.

Comment

I always take food home with me. Sometimes DH and I will even split a meal. The portions are soooo huge in many restaurants. Last week we went to Applebees and I just order the appetizer and ate a few veggies from DH's plate so we wouldn't have extras since we had to do some shopping and didn't bring a cooler.

Comment

Last time I was in the US my friends and I went to the diner across the street from our hotel. The portions were enormous and we couldn't take the remainder back with us as there was no frig in the rooms. What a waste and it was so good.

The next night I ordered soup and an appetizer and it was perfect. My friends repeated their mistake and ordered a complete meal.

Comment

Always I have to box up a portion of my meal to bring home. Wish more restaurants would have normal portions, no wonder people are so big anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X