Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We found a house!

Actually it's more like it found us!

I am so happy this morning! We found a house to move into, and you'll never believe where it is... right next door to our apartment complex!!

We happened to know the people who lived in that house. Rick used to work with the guy at City Rentals before I met him, and one of the owners of City Rentals owns the house. He was renting it to an employee. Rick has also done handy man work for Richard at his home, so he's known Rick for many years. He knew that Rick has been looking for a house to rent, so when the family who lived in the house bought a home, Richard called Rick and asked if he'd like to rent the house. He's giving a us a special price on it because he knows Rick and knows he will take good care of the place. He doesn't need the extra income, just wants someone who will occupy and genuinely care for the house. We will be paying less than they want for the 2 bedroom apartment here! It's a good sized 4 bedroom house with 2 bathrooms, and a nice yard with cement patio in back. We are so blessed. Prayers are truly answered sometimes.

Rick will be painting the inside and Richard is having the ceilings retexured and new tile put in the kitchen, dining room and living room area, and new carpeting in the bedrooms and hallway before we move in on September 1st. I'm so happy, I can hardly stand it!!
    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Re: We found a house!

Oh Bette!!! I can see you doing your happy dance from here!! I am so glad for you and Rick. You see, sometimes doors need to close so a window can open.
    Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Congrats! Sounds very nice.

Comment

What great news! So glad the other apartment didn't work and you didn't sign a lease there!!
        "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. This house is the reason the rent was raised too high for us on the 2 bedroom apartment we wanted downstairs. The Lord had something better in store for us. We are truly blessed.

Comment

Woohoo - congrats Bette - a real home

Comment

That's great news Bette! I am so happy for you!!
              Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Thanks! I'm sitting here thinking about all the things I can do now that I haven't been able to do in several years. We can have people over and actually invite them in. I'll even be able to decorate for Christmas, big tree and all! I'm so excited. Can you tell?? lol

Comment

That's wonderful. I do agree that things happen for a reason.

Comment

i knew it would work out for you!! i knew that it wasn't that difficult to find a house, no matter where you live.

i am sure you will be very happy there
                    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

How wonderful for you two!!!! Someone is looking over you from above!

And......it is a really good thing for the owner b/c he knows that it will be well taken care of.....!!!!!! Since Rick was the one that refurbished it......he knows that it will be kept well. So happy for both of you. Smart man, that owner!!!!

Comment

So happy for you! You can really plan for holidays and parties. Nice to have people over. Have lived where I wasn't comfortable doing that so I know how you feel. Easy move too - right next door.

Comment

Originally posted by smokey View Post
                          So happy for you! You can really plan for holidays and parties. Nice to have people over. Have lived where I wasn't comfortable doing that so I know how you feel. Easy move too - right next door.
                          No such thing as an easy move... cross the street or cross the country!!
                          "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Originally posted by doreenb View Post
                            How wonderful for you two!!!! Someone is looking over you from above!
                            Rick swears it's his Grandpa who's watching out for us, but I think it might be my parents, also. We definitely have some super good people up there between the 2 of us.

Luvs, you're right about there not being such a thing as an easy move! lol It's going to be a real bitch getting Rick's huge, heavy entertainment center down these stairs. I don't know how he got it in here in the first place. It's REALLY heavy. I'm sure he'll need at least 3 other men to help.

I'll be so glad to not have to pay for a storage unit anymore.

Comment

Congrats, I hope you will all be happy there.
                              Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X